Have you finished your shopping? VOTE NOW

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Dec 15, 2005.

Have you finished your shopping?

1. yes

2. no

3. don't shop

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    If you do shop at Christmas, are you a procastinator? Haven't found it yet? Don't have a clue what to get? Need ideas? Or are you one that doesn't wait till the last minute to pick thru the left overs? Just vote yes or no or don't shop. Thanks for participating.

If you would like some ideas from other members, we can discuss it here, too.
    Just ask.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I havent even started....... :eek: Procastinator thats what I am, and I dont even think I spelled that big P word right....LOL :D

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Me either, Zakk. Look that up for us, will you? I think it is procrastinator. I left out the second r. Let me know if I'm right. Sorry, I should have put one of the answers as "haven't started yet", LOL

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL.....I'll just call it the "P" word...LOL :p :D :eek:

The good new's is I do have one thing it mind for a christmas present for my dad, I'm going to get him a new fishing rod....because I cant think of much else, and how can you go wrong with a nice fishing rod? He needs it too, he's a good dad, he spent all his money and went bankrupt buying me fishing rods and he dosent even have any his-self....LOL...... He might as well just use a stick with a shoe string tied to it,....... rather than the fishing poles he's got right now.....and he still catches more fish then me.... :glare: ..LOL :eek: :D

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Zakk,
    He will love that present, I'm sure! At least know what that one is, anyone else on your list, you need ideas for?

You sound like a considerate young man! My son surprised me a few years back with a couple hundred dollars worth of massage certificates. Floored me because I didn't quite know what to think about them, but I sure loved them once I used one. My Drs. tell me it is good for what ails me too, so he did good!

Night! {{{{{Zakk}}}}} There's a hug for you from TN. :D

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    We've been done since July for the most part but I'm gonna pick up three more things for my wife because I'll have the money. Last year I didn't get her anything because I was unemployed.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    We definitely do not put off shopping till the last minute. Our goal is to start shopping at least a week before Christmas, and finish by Christmas Eve. More often than not, we meet that goal. For instance, my wife is going to begin shopping today, several days ahead of the goal.

8. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Stage 2 of my shopping will be done tonight or tomorrow. Stage 3 will be on Christmas Eve. :eek:

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    just ordered My Lovely wife an 60 gig I-pod...............YES, I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can start buying fishing stuff for next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    It's seems that I always wait until the last minute to do my x-mas shopping, but I'm on it. ;)

Merry Chrismas everyone,
    Bert :cool:

11. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Ooooh, I'm jealous! I hope she likes it (This wife would like one from her Santa Claus, too ;) )

12. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    I would usually wait till the last minute to shop. This has changed since I got married. We were done at the end of November...lol

13. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I voted "yes" because I do have everything I wanted to buy purchased, in posession, wrapped, and hidden.

Chances are, I will buy some sort of super chocolate something yet for my wife. Maybe a Toblerone Log, or Ferro-Rochet box, or Lindt bars, or Italian crispy hazelnut Bacci individually wrapped with their lil romantic notes inside em.... maybe one of each in a big ole "get ya fat" gift package to warm her soul on the upcoming colder winter evenings when nothing but chocolate, a candle, a cup of herbal tea, and a good book will do, and men are ceartainly not welcome- you all know the days.

I may also peruse the CDs and DVDs for a last minute deal of some sort- a guilt gift, i guess you can call it- the things you buy the last few days when everyone you can think of has everything you wanted to buy for them to but you happen to have 10 or 20 bucks in your pocket yet so you start to feel like you owe it to someone else- That you should suffer for having two pennies to rub together in these last fleeting moments before the holiday.

Ahh well.... the frenzied adrenaline rush of gifting is in its second wave right now- here is where you go to the mandatory work or association holiday parties and recieve the filler-goodie things- baskets of nuts and fruits and cheeses and packaged things resembling and smelling like meat but tasting strangely unfamilliar, that you break out of the baskets and trays and stuff into every stocking you see on the fireplaces of your family as you visit them.

It is a good time- where you dont hesitate to be the volunteer who runs out to the woodpile all day so you arent voted the guy who must go fetch wood for the fire when the food is ready, the sun is down, and its so much colder than the daytime hours. When it is later on in the day and you've played loghound for as long as you see fit, you slip on the bulky-knit sweater that you dont want to gum up with bark and gunk, grab a coffee with a shot of irish cream in it, and leave the woodpile adventures to the nieces and nephews.

The young nieces and nephews who will grab two logs, hear a rabbit bolt off from under the pile, and run back to the house at full speed; convinced that running as fast as they did from the noise they just heard may be the one thing that guaranteed they would be alive to open their gifts later- that the beast that lives under the logpile and made that noise must surely have heard a neighbor kid at the next woodpile down the road, and decided his meal ought to come from that place instead.

Yeah, the buying season is ended and all that is left is the nostalgia for what was 2005, the growing love of family and warm places in the ever darkening, waning hours of the year, and the occasional crumpling noise of another chocolate wrapper losing the fight to protect sweet morsels of heaven and hazelnuts from a crampy girl with family and circumstance breathing down her neck...

merry Christmas folks!

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm the only "don't shop". My wife does the shopping for the kids and grandkids.... she starts way before Christmas and is finished long before. We haven't got each other anything for Christmas in many years. I remember once she got me a Remington 870 and I got her a bracelet that she still wears.
    :)

15. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Been done wrapped and under the tree for a week now...Thank God....LOL

16. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    we dont shop. the wife and i dont exchange gifts for christmas. it aint our birthday.

17. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I voted no. Enen though the wife is suppose to have the shopping done for our kid she keeps buying. I thought this christmas was going to be a light one for our daughter since for her birthday( she is a 911 baby about two hours before the towers were hit) she got a big all wooden swing set and her darn grandparents got her a horse, yah she is spoiled just a little bit. The wife got me a bowflex and I am looking for a treadmill for the wife. Im mainly looking for some good grub. :002: :002:

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    :D I think I've got ideas for everyone else.....Thank's! I found some great deals on ebay, so I should be ok now!

Have a good one! :)

19. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    No and thanks for the reminder wifey still left.

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Looks like the 58% of us that haven't finished got about 7 1/2 days left.
    Get going! LOL.

Dummy me should have ended this prior to 12/24, but hey perhaps I'll learn .
    ;)