Have you ever wonder why .................................?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Only in America do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the backof the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buycigarettes at the front.>> Only in America do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.>> Only in America do banks leave vault doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.>> Only in America do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.>> Only in America do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.>> Only in America do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.>> EVER WONDER ????>> Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?>> Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?>> Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?>> Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?>> Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'?>> Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor while dish washing liquid is made with real lemons?>> Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?>> Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?>> Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?>> Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?>> You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!>> Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?>> Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?>> If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?>> If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?..........Ain't that a hoot !

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Thanks for the laugh Mac. Here are a few more

Why does your nose run and your feet smell?
    What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
    Where can you buy those little plastic ends to put on your shoe laces?

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    No need to purchase aglets, you can make them by dipping the tip into glue or similar. ;)

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    What the heck kind of fellow even knows what an aglet is? LOL
    Kutter, I worry.

5. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    i thought that same thing. glad he knew tho cause i always wondered but now i know.

6. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    That was funny..Kutter your worrieing me!!lmao

7. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I always just called it the plastic dill. The once or twice I even had a need to discuss an "aglet".

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well i learned a new word now i know what the plastic :poop: on the end of a shoe string is lol

9. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    ever wonder why the first thing a puppy chews on is the ANGLET:rotfl: on your shoestring?

are WE really this bored?I guess i am.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  10. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    i guess we are man if i go on who wants to be a millionare i want kutter as one of my call people. if he knows what an aglet is hes gotta know more. lol.

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Why when you was little and got a whoppin and cried , Your mom said you want me to give you something to cry about lol .

12. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    When there is one person in chat room are they talking to themself..?????

13. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    good question i see that there is only one in there now. lol

14. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    It's the only time that they can confess to things when no one else will see....LOL