Have You Ever Seen This?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by WylieCat, May 14, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    This morning I took a man and his son fishing. We were in a cove and a guy starts pulling a pontoon plane out into the cover for take-off. I trolled over to side of the cove where some skiers were getting gear ready and we talked briefly as we trolled by waiting on the airplane to take off. That was cool, something I do not see everyday!!

The airplane was not the odd thing.

After the plane took off bouys started surfacing all down the cove. They just popped up from underwater! Of course we hung three rigs on them in the process before we realized what was happening. One by one they began to surface. At first we thought that it was for the ariplane to land, but then the ski boat started pulling the skier through the buoys!! LOL!!!!

All my time on the water and this is the first time I have ever seen a submersible water ski course!! LOL!!!

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Seen the planes but not the bouys.

3. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I have a friend that ski's a lot..........The bouys were for the skiers to run a course. He has a course in Oklahoma that planes land on the lake also. The bouys rise up and down for planes to land and take off. The plane can see them under the water from the air.

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    How do the buoys operate? What makes them go up or down?

ST

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ok, I talked to two game wardens and they say it is illegal to have a submersible ski course and want to know the location. It is a navigation hazard because the buoys have cables attached.

As for how it works, I found this online today:

http://www.airdock.com/AS- BANNERFRAME.htm

This looks exactly like what the skiers had.

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    You really do learn something new everyday.

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Last year i was on a Wisconson lake and a plane buzzed us a couple of times I moved the boat over by shore . He then landed where we had been catching fish. We did find another spot where they were biting eventuallly. But it was neat to see once.