Have you ever met a person that there is nothing they don't know !

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DeerHunter01, Nov 18, 2007.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well here is my next question out here on the board. Since the other one is doing so good now.

Have you ever met a person that there is nothing they don't know !

Say you go fishing and you catch a nice fish and the person tells you I caught one bigger then that.

Say you have a fish finder and your catching fish with it and someone comes up and says you don't know how to use that I catch 10 times more fish then you.

Or you start a Cat fishing tournament and set a schedule and someone comes up to you and tells you , that you don't know how to run it cause your not doing daylight fishing , or Night fishing tournaments.

Or your fishing in the wrong spot, you need to be fishing over there !

Or anything you do they do better. I would just like to hear from you all and see some of the cases that has fell onto your ears !

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes I have met a few like this and they are very annoying!!!!

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    lol, my fishing partner is just lke that. I just kind of ignore him for as long as i can. or just say "uh huh". I dont have to listen to him, he rides in my boaT!!! Last time he said, if this was my boat....., then i told him next time we will go in his boat, he doesnt have one!!!

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i get a few of them there folks around me too, if they are in my boat i tell them to put there jesus shoes on and walk home or sit and learn.

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man' Eric I could of ask a better question than that. You should have called me first. I could have given you the names of at least five people that know every thing. Wow, think first will ya. :sad2:

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    He did think about it, LOL!!!

7. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    You know, it's kind of ironic. Out of wisdom comes fear. Those that seem to have all this wisdom get REAL afraid when I tell them to hold on cuz this lowly know little CHICK is driving! :smile2: Did I mention that I can turn that 16' foot flat bottom jon on a dime?

Seriously,

Most of the time, they DO know at least something that I can use. So, I listen....for at least one trip.

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you posted this in the wrong place - if you had posted it somewhere else you would have received more replies:smile2:

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Yes I know someone like that..Funny you ask that question, I was just having the same exact talk with a good buddy of mine.

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    lol i was fishing about 40 yards off the bank near some discharge pipes yesterday when some know it all walks down the bank and tells me im fishing in th wrong spot??? he told me i needed to anchor about another 20ft up river from the pipes thats were he catches all his carp and drum lol :roll_eyes: i just laughed and acted like i didnt hear him since i was fishin for skips!!!!:wink: darn knowit alls

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a friend like that but he's not a sportsman...even though he lives on a boat. He thinks he knows where to get the best of everything; crab cakes, martini's, wine, steak dinner, computers, burgers, etc. He doesn't seem to account for people's differing tastes.

12. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Eric, I don't know who you are talking about, but they can't be as good as me. I "do" know it all lol. Vern

13. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Just in my work enviornment, when I was still working. They wore shiny white hard hats, or were pulling a hard suction wanting to wear a shiny white hard hat. I've been blessed in private life....you can always leave the bar. LOL.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    People who think they know it all, are a real pain to those of us who actually DO know it all!

15. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I love when you meet one of them guys and then "accidentally" put them in their place.

Quite a few years ago, we rented some PWC from a guy (4 of em) for a day. We drove all day except for this one we had that kept taking on water. There was a fiberglass patch on the hull, just under the water line, that had been improperly fixed. After an hour or so, you would have to pull it up on shore, and drain it. Only took a few minutes, so we weren't going to complain.

By the time the guy back to get them (he dropped them off and picked them up), it was dark and we were sitting on the bank catfishing. The guy came up and told us up and down back and forth how "wrong" we were fishing. Wrong spot, wrong bait, wrong presentation.

We were getting tired of this guy going on and on and told them we had to go. We helped him load them up, and I told the guy that he should get his money back from the guy who patched his hull. I told them that it didn't look like they had sanded out the patch before putting in the new glass. I pointed to the spot under flashlight and said, see those halo's, that means they took a shortcut and that it could pop out anytime. I owned my own fiberglass shop at the time.

The guy got a real sour look on his face and put his head down. He then said, "I fixed that." Not another word was said after that, we helped him load them up and he took off.

I took an amazing amount of joy outta putting that guy in his place.

16. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    DH, funny you should mention that. We got a couple of Kentucky boys comin over on the Missouri boards telling us everything we do wrong. What a coincidence

17. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    A friend and I were working with wood and I was making a cut to go around a 4x4 and he said "that won't work the way you are cutting it" I told ok you cut it.
    He cut it and it was all screwed up. I got a new piece of ply wood and cut it my way. Fit perfect! LOL I did not say a word to him. My point was made.
    Bill

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I may not know it all. But, I'll do my best to get ya an answer. LOL!

Got a couple of them kind in work. I always have fun with em by baitin em with some bullcrap info of some sort to see if they can top it. LOL! When they get to shootin off at the mouth I just tell em what they are full of and move on.

19. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Now, what did you want to know, DH? I'll be glad to help you out, Bro! :wink:

I suppose it's human nature that a little know-it-all exists in all of us. It's just that some have learned through enough humiliating experiences to keep tighter reins on that little fellow.

{Speaking to myself...} Now, get back in your place you little ornery fellow! :tounge_out:

20. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    My brother and his wife are the know it all type.
    To avoid conflict I have learned to agree with them and just let it in one ear and out the other.
    I think they watch to much TV.:smile2: