Have you ever heard of this??

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kycatman01, Aug 23, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am thinking of getting a Casta Pult climbing treestand. Has anyone heard of one? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Good hunting!!

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    never heard of them....do they have a website???? sounds like a cool name...

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Nate, I tried to find something on my search engine but there was nothing. Here is a picture of it. If I can get it on here!

Attached Files:

4. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    I would stay away from that thing, it looks like a death trap! If you want a climbing stand get one from a repuable company that has been approved by the TSMA . Remember your life is more important than any deer.

5. navigator

navigator New Member

State:
    NC- Brunswick County
    kind of sounds like a cat-a-pult and I want my tree stand doing nothing like that :)

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Looks like a homemade deal to me, I've made a few that looked kinda like that, I didnt feel to safe in it, The teeth for it wasnt right and it wouldnt stabalize side to side So I threw it in the scrap pile and bought one. LOL Be careful with climbers or any tree stand for that matter and be sure to wear a safety harness, its much better to be hanging in a tree by a good harness than lying at the bottom busted up or worse yet Dead.

7. Anythinggoes

Anythinggoes New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I would agree with other posters, get a name brand with a good reputation. ie: Summit

8. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks alot for the imput. It was cheap, so I just thought I would ask around about it. Thanks again!!

9. Anythinggoes

Anythinggoes New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Hey trust me, I try to save a dollar where I can! I also do what you did and ask around to see if a few dollars can be saved. I forgot to mention a huge difference between the cheap stands and nice ones. Alluminum vs steel = 30+ lbs vs. around 20.

Mike

10. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    well said kyfarmer, i'm kind of new to hunting and i have not herd of it.

11. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    STAY AWAY

your safety is much more inportant than ANY DEER

get a summit or a gorillia or somethin reputable that people know and alot of people use

DONT SAVE MONEY ON SAFETY!!!

Jeff

12. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well brother if its not a name you trust then dont buy it.