Have you Been Bitten

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Brown Recluse Spider Bite do a lot of damage.I worked with a man once who got bit by a Brown Recluse he all most lost his hand. :0a30:

:cat:

2. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Spider :frk-big:

:cat:

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    i feel for him that looks painful

4. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I got bit by one of those two years ago. It looked about like image 1. It was on my right shoulder so I couldn't see it. It never got too bad. Mom freaked out and took me to the doctor. He said if it got too bad, they would numb the area and cut out the necrotic tissue. Thank god for Keflex.

5. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    That looks nasty!! :eek: How big do those spiders get?

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I believe I was bit by one of those spiders about a year and a half ago on my knee. It was November and my wife bought this firewood that was not from this area. One day I was sitting on the couch and I felt a sharp sting on my knee. Never found what caused and after 2 days my knee was on fire and ulcerated real bad. I think the spider got in to the house via the fire wood because they hide out like that. If you live in an area where they are always check your shoes and gloves before putting them on, they are known for hiding in things like that, Thus the name Recluse.

7. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for sharing, pics really explains it.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Those pictures have been circulating the internet for couple years. They are thought to be from the brown recluse but that's never been proven. Quite possibly they are genuine photographs of some other medical ailment unrelated to spider bites. Most brown recluse bites are just a red mark that heals without any scars.

I agree.. scary pictures, whatever caused it.

9. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Mark Williams (bentpole) one of our members and a close friend of mine caught the spider and carried it to the doctor when his wife was bitten and it was a brown recluse spider. The place got really bad and the meds they gave her weren't doing much good. She took some raw honey and bandaged her arm with the raw honey and it healed back up in just a short time.

10. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Neighbor of mine had one crawl up his pants leg and bit him on the calf of his leg. He has a scar now that runs from mid calf up past his knee into his lower thigh. You can lay the edge of your hand inside the gaping gash of the scar. Nasty nasty looking.

11. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    A close friend of mine and co-worker got bite by one about a year ago. The doctor cut the bottom of his big toe all the way to the bone to remove the tissue that was dead. By the way...the way I understand it...it would look like those pics. I know someone said that the bite wouldn't get like that but I would beg to differ...they will rupture open if the infection isn't taken care of correctly.

12. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Didnt relize a spider could od that :eek: :eek: :eek:

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    some people have different reactions to them.
    my neice has been bitten twice last year while
    helping one of her girlfriends cleaning out horse stalls.
    they had to cut a little out of the hole it made in her leg cause they waited a day before seeking treatment .
    second time they took her right away and it wasnt near as bad.

me i work in crawlspaces and dark houses and have seen literally
    hundreds of these nasty critters.
    i have left work and stopped in at realtives or friends houses before and they have screamed telling me i got a big spider on me....LOL
    in fact my nieces mother has alerted me to that more than once
    at there house.
    and for the life of me i cant figure out why i aint been bitten by one.
    guess i taste bad ;) LOL

with all the other spiders around dont really see much use for that particular one.
    theys lots of those in illinois:sad:

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Olefn beat me to it. The story behind those exact pics can be found at Snoops as well as some other Urban Legend websites. The thoughts are that those are not legoit Brown Reculse bite pics, but rather pics of another type of medical problems, used to illustrte what a Brown Recluse bite cold look like.

15. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Black Widow, maybe? either spider can cause a major problem. Kinda depends on the individual and how soon they seek medical treatment. My wife gets nasty ulcerated sores from any spider bite. So she ends up at the doctor office PDQ if she gets bit.

16. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas