Have Ya Ever Been Degraded???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishrollo, Jul 4, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Have you ever been degrated? We all have, in one since or another. BUT, as life goes, that sort of life changes. Have ya felt degration is part of promotion? Let me tell ya, thats a point of B/S! I have seen how promotions go! Makes me believe just work... Not too hard, but be consistent. You ain't gonna get rich! Probably lucky to be working, "they tell you". WONDER... if they realize what or who helped them there? If you are confused... screw those telling us that work everyday what we need etc!! They are those living no worrys of food and clothing the kids!:wink:rollo

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guess Im saying,,,, tired of certain management.... I know things could be better....Can't say much more, but read the entire post again! :wink: Tired of being sold off as a dumbass..... rollo

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I hear ya loud and clear Rollo. I had to get out of my job of 5 yrs for fear I would end up in the big house. The supers there were driving me nuts, and I was about to snap. I feel an enormous weight lifted off my shoulders. Im collecting the darn UE now, but not for long, Im about to start another job that should be alot less stressful. Doesnt pay as much, but will keep the HP paid and food on the table. Good luck with your situation. :cool2:

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So I take it that you got passed over for a promotion? Take it in stride son. Keep working as diligently as you can. The fruits of your labor will someday ripen and you will get your just rewards. You may not be with who you are now, but where ever your work takes you lessons learned an character built while enduring adversity will benefit you in the long run and set you above the disgruntled losers that let life get the better of them :wink:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hang in there Rollo. "Your day will come."

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks, I know the work... Wish I would get the chance! rollo

7. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I have been in the hvac business for almost 6 years now and everyday i watch guys git treated better than me all the time at my company which is one of the top ten in tallahassee.These guys kiss but talk a big game but they are the biggest screw ups I am always going behind them fixing things they screw up or calming some customer they pissed off and how they git away with this you ask?they are all family lol!!!!!except me but guess what A guy from a company one of the top 3 been in business for 35 years they are a house hold name in tally asked me would I like to work for them they pay for my insurance they will send me back to school i git a brand new truck that i can take home and they will almost double my pay i had to slap myself when i heard this but it took time a lot of bull but it all seems to be paying off .tuesday i do my final interview which i think is in the bag but keep on fighting ....your day is coming

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    "BULL$&@T" Strap a bunch of road flares to your body and hook and old alarm clock up to it. Then go back to the job and take hostages till your demends are met. Get their attention and make your point. "WE ARE TIRED OF THIS CRAP AND WE AIN'T TAKEIN IT ANYMORE" :cool2:

9. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    Sorry to hear about that dude but if you think your job is bad listen to what mine is friend. I am a CNA (certified nursing assisstant) in other words i make my living by wipeing other peoples asses all day:embarassed::crazy:. In my job area its not uncommon to be cussed at and called every named under the sun in one night. Lotta weird shit happens in nursing homes and some nights i just bout loose my mind hehe. If it wasn't so close to the river i would prolly have quit that place by now LOL:smile2:. Gl out there man keep up the good work and i am sure one day you'll be recongnized.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jason,I feel ya ,But I cant quite reach ya buddy. I got umm maybe 10 yrs on ya? I know what you are going through. Its like this,The suck ups and a$$ kissers ALLWAYS RISE before the hard working slugs like us do,But I will let ya in on a tiny secret. I know I can sleep at nite knowing I AIN'T ONE OF EM.:wink::cool2: Arron Tippit has a song ,one of my favorites and I try to live by it . Its called ...... I GOT IT HONEST.:big_smile:

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Never been degrated but I have been Grated Rollo. Grated like mozzarella cheese on a sharp shredder. When that happened I picked up my pieces and told 'em to stuff it where the light don't shine.

Learned a long time ago the only boss you can live with is yourself. (maybe your wife sometimes). Mechanics, mechanics, mechanics. If the mechanics can't be worked out and you can't move on to something else, then turn it up another notch with you in mind Rollo. There are ways, there are ways.

Good luck.

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    BG is right Jason, after all it is the fourth of July. Get their attention real quick I'd say! lol:crazy:
    Can I have your fishing gear? You won't need it in the loony bin.:big_smile:

13. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Rollo a few years back I took a promotion to Delivery super after a year I told theboss put me back to driving cause they could not find a driver that could do the job and it ain't hard to find someone that wants a job for the title I ended up training my replacement and have been a lot happier ever since cause i know the worries the boss has and I don't

14. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I have been degraded, believe you me. i have been in the Corps for almost 10 years. was deraded from day one. but it all paned out. i picked up rank faster than those around me, i work hard (still do) and i know my job. there arent to many out there that hold the rank that i do that will still get out and turn a wrench, but i am constantly out there. the only thing you can do is keep on truckin. dont kiss @ss and dont back down from anyone when you are right about something. thats one thing i have learned. i have had it out with Majors before and i came out on top because i knew what i was talking about. things will go your way eventually. just dont get to worked up over it or it will start affecting your performance and that is never good.

15. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Jason, all things happen for a reason, though we may never know or ever find out why. Take a few steps back and look over the whole situation and sleep on it. It may sound crazy but maybe it isn't all that bad. I was promoted into a working foreman position about 3 years ago; I never put in for it, it was 'given' to me. The stress level I have now is something I wouldn't wish on anyone, well maybe a few people, just kidding...:smile2:

16. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lmao, I've thought about that a time or 2. I know how you feel Rollo. My boss at my last job was yelling and screaming in my face and I remained calm, then he pushed me. His boss came around the corner and asked who was yelling like that and he pointed at me, and I GOT FIRED! You can't get anymore degraded than that. I paced back and forth trying to fight the urge to punch him hard enough to put him on life support...It took me almost a year before I would take another job. I felt like I had been raped for some time..

17. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    That's pretty good control to not hurt somebody there, Mark. Worst I had was getting demoted at a quarry from lead (only) plant Mainteneace man back to strip loader. Then got a nickel raise after a year had gone by, so posted resume online. I got the call at work while running the loader, stopped workin right there to take the call and interview over the phone. Boss man drove up and hollering at me, just shut the windows and drove in circles until I finished my business. He didn't take it too well, but in the six years since, I've doubled what they was paying me. So sometimes you gotta stick it out until the opportunity comes along for you to take it. Even today there are good jobs out there, you gotta be ready to jump on them when you see them!

18. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    got pushed and fired, hed got punched in the face. he started it, self defence! what kind of job do you get fired for yelling:confused2: at my job the sups have it worse getting yelled at from the top and the bottom lol.

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Degraded? No, I'm of a mind nobody can put you down unless you accept it. If spoken bad about or similar, I simply consider them a stupid judge of character. What do I care what stupid folks think?

I've been fired three times, all from the same company within a two year span. Last time they called I refused to go back.

Quit a job once an the boss told me I had to put it in writing. Grabbed a piece of scrap paper an wrote: "I milked this place for all I can, I quit!"

20. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I was degraded once and only once after which I threw a hammer at the boss and walked off the job and I swore to never let it happen again. In my opinion Life is too short and precious to spend time with people you don't like or who cause you stress.
    That is why I am 45 and not married I do not do stress well, anymore.
    Too old too care about whether a pair of pants makes a butt look fat or if a dress is too tight.

If you want to someday become a diamond then read these quotes...
    "A diamond is coal that formed with extra long and high pressures
    "A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections "

I myself have no desire to be a gemstone so I avoid pressure at all costs plus I have heart problems...:big_smile: