Have trouble with the newe layout?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ste6168, Jan 11, 2010.

1. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Is anyone else having any trouble with the new layout? It seems to work fine on my home computer when I am running Mozilla Firefox as the browser, but on my work computer with IE, there are some quirky things. Sometimes, I will not be able to read a members full post (so far I have noticed it mostly when they have a quote in their post. Other thing, I have no way of giving reputation here at work. For some reason the rep star button is completely gone.

Is anyone else noticing the same problems, or just me? I find it hard to believe it's just me! :shout:

2. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Make sure to click the "compatibility View" icon on IE. Clears up some of the problems you mentioned.. Reps are not allowed in all posting sections anymore. Only limited posting catigories

I've also seen some post don't show all the way, you have to click the post number to open up that post, It's weird.. But clicking the "Compatibility view" icon finally allowed ne to see comments on my profile, it allowed me to rate threads, wouldn't take my vote unless that is clicked..

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I switched and am in IE right now and all seems to be working fine. I can see quotes with no problem.

As for Reps, they are only available in certain forums at this time so make sure that you are in one of the fishing forums where Rep button shows.

Hope that helps.

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I'm on IE and everything works fine for me.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They pretty much said it all,Mike. I have to hit the compatability now and then as I get "half posts" its the icon just to the right of the URL. [if you hit it while you are typing a post,you will loose it] ...ask me how I know.:angry:

6. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Whats funny reload, the "Compatibility view" icon says "websites designed for older browsers will oftenlook better, and problems such as out-of-place menues, images, or text will be corrected" LOL... This is the NEW UPDATED version of V press. Im on a brand new computer 4 days old, running windows 7... Ok which is the old item that is causing the problem?? LOL.. At any rate I log in to this site on about 5 different puters, each puter gives you a different look. Im sure when they are through all the changes issues will be solved.. No matter who is running what..

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  7. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    My only problem is, I can hardly find the forums I'm looking for because I have to scroll differently, and they don't stick out like they did before, lol.

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I think I heard the boss say that before long this format will be gone and everything will look different. :gotu:

9. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    I'm on IE and everything works fine for me :thinking:

10. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Great! Don't change till I figure THIS one out. Then change it. I still got a little hair left.