Have the catfish been biting?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Ran2more, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Ran2more

Ran2more New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm over by Greenleaf Lake. The fishing has been slow. Been too hot to do much fishing during the day as I work nights. Thought someone might be doing some good.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    We caught a few last week on Ft Gibson. The bite should pick up. The channels we caught were full of eggs so they should be in close to the bank to spawn. Haven't been to Tenkiller yet. We will probably hit it next week. Have you fished below the spillway at Greenleaf? Last year we caught some on cut shad there.

Welcome to the BOC

3. Ran2more

Ran2more New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    No, I haven't been to the spillway in a long time. Need to get a new gas tank for the boat. The road to the spillway is so rough that I don't want to drive my truck down it. The spillway has litle water flowing now. Last week, kids and I were fishing across from there on the park side.

4. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    I caught several nice ones last saturday below ft gibson dam out on the wall. The first one was a 20lb blue. If you go there and see splash marks on the wall they are feeding out there. Also was doing good with a bobber out past the number 8 turbine letting it float back into the current. A week ago last saturday i hooked a 5' gar on my 10' pole didnt think i was ever gonna turn him around. Thought i had a big cat till i saw him. I was fishing a bobber in the mouth of the 7 turbine and it took off down stream like a speed boat when i set the hook he went to striping line off my 6000 like crazy. I didnt weigh him but i would guess him at least 40lbs.

Foggy :cool2:

5. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    welcome to B.O.C.! you should be able to catch some there in the back waters between the ramp and the railroad bridge, there should be bait in that area also