Have pulled all traps ......

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by RetiredToFish, Jan 23, 2010.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well my season may or may not be over. I have pulled all of my traps and trying to heal up after 3 falls and getting hung up last week. I may trap a little more, but that depends on the how I feel and if the weather cooperates.

If I don't trap any more this year, at least I had a fair season. Not like I had hoped, but fair.

Totals:

Rats -73
    Coon - 19
    mink - 2
    skunks - 1
    possums - 5
    coyotes - 2
    beaver - 14

Garry-

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope you get to feeling better Garry.

3. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    I had to pull mine little over two weeks ago, crushed ankle. FIL had to pull his this am in our south zone as it ends today. North zone went out the 20th so I didnt miss alot of the late season. I think you'll like those rats when you see the prices. We sold too early, some have jumped the price of rats up another $1.00-$1.50. FIL had a few he caught and they brought twice ($7.00) what most of his coon($3 average) did. He mainly traps dry land around our hobby farm to protect the chickens and fowl. We've got a "pond" on it about 30x30 when its drawn down for the winter and a couple of rats decided to make a home there. Hope you heal up and get to feeling better. It'll be time to mushroom and fish before you know it. Turkey seasons coming to if you like chasing coyote bait.

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    it has been a bad year for us here in our mud hole.LOL
    on December 1st we made 10 land sets and 6 drowned sets for Beaver.
    we did good that first night with something in every trap but two land sets.
    we reset all the traps releasing 3 coon and taking 2 grays and 3 red fox to the man.
    on December 2ed we got 5" of rain that either flooded or washed up ever trap into uselessness.
    from that point on it has been a war with the rain and weather.
    I would have to check my logbook to get a good count on everything,, but the coon...!!!
    I will not kill a coon for $2.00 or $3.00!!!! I just can't bring myself to do it.
    27 in all,,
    that I've risked life and limb to release just to have them snarl at me and walk back into the swamp.LOL
    it kindof made me want to rethink that $2.00,,,LOL
    and yesterday!!!!! we got 4" of snow on top of 2 feet of mud,,,
    I think our season is pretty much over at this point.LOL
    and I did say 4 inches of snow here in s.e. Georgia. who would of thunk it,,,LOL