Have not been on here in a long time

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Muleskinner, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Muleskinner

Muleskinner New Member

State:
    Ms.
    Looks like their is a whole lot of new faces on here. Working offshore keeps me stretched out. I have excepted a different oil rig for the same company and will be headed down to Brazil. They say that things are more layed back down there so maybe I will have more time to get back in here and talk with you all. I know i have been missing it. I also have figured something else out. I do enjoy deer hunting a lot but do Y'all know that catfishing is more of a family thing than deer hunting? You can get out there fishing and laugh and talk with your spouse and kids and really have time to enjoy yourself. But with deer hunting your with them are close anyhow but you cant talk with each other.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That is one pretty mule. Let me take care of that mule while you are in Brazil. I got pasture, running water and a lot of sugar cubes. It would have to get acclimated to Siberia (Iowa) first. I promise I won't introduce it to any lowly horses.

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    welcome back, Dion:big_smile:

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Skinner,

Glad to see you back!

Hopefully you get a little breathing room at the new location.

Stay in touch!

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Welcome back! Now get to postin'! :wink:

6. Muleskinner

Muleskinner New Member

State:
    Ms.
    Yeah my wife picks at me about the Avatar. She said you look like a sure enough hillbilly. I asked what is wrong with that. She replies nothing just seeing how my job has a lot of computer programming and high tech stuff that picture does not make people think your very smart (LOL) Oh well i just told her that I am a high tech redneck....

7. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Dion, the donkey and mule are way more intelligent than a horse, thus taking a far more intelligent person to ride one. Festus wasn't near as dum as he pretended to be. Only those of us that ride or use a mule or donkey could ever understand.

8. Muleskinner

Muleskinner New Member

State:
    Ms.
    That is very true about them being smarter. We have Mules donkeys and horses at home. The gaited horses we have are a lot more comfortable to ride than anything. But I would take a mule any day over a horse if i am riding really rough terrain. I enjoy the sure feet they have going up and down hills crossing creeks. Here is one way that i can prove to you a mule is smarter. We have had both a horse and mules to get hung up in fences at the farm. The horse got badly injured but did recover because he just kept fighting until he got out. I went out to the barn another morning to find one of the mules missing. I went to riding around looking for him and somehow he had laid down by one of the pipe fences and he had got his legs underneath it and couldn't get them out. I seen him from a distance and I though that he must be dead. But when I finally got to him he looked up at me like Dion I done got myself in a perdicument here you reckon you can help me out. I was able to grab his legs and pul him back he stood up shook off and started trotting back to the barn Mab that was so funny the way he looked up at me when i got there. Them old sad eyes. But just to show you he didn't get upset and try to fight his way out. Seems like he knew someone would come help him.

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Muleskinner!!! Glad ya dropped by for a visit! Hope you get to hang out for a while. Do they ever let you fish when working on the oil rig?

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dion Welcome back. You have a lot of catching up to do. I look forward to reading your post.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to see ya back,Dion. better get that mule lopin along so you can get back in the groove.

12. Muleskinner

Muleskinner New Member

State:
    Ms.
    They do let us fish from the rig we are so far out until all you can catch is Tuna, Baracuda, and shark. I really enjoy catching the Tuna they give a really good fight an taste great too. They probably are some good fish on bottom but I do not have enough line to reach down 6,500' yeah it is pretty deep here.