Have found a few NW Florida spots.

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Dungeon Bob, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Dungeon Bob

Dungeon Bob New Member

State:
    Florida
    Here in Florida they say that there are seven lakes in the panhandle area for good catfishing. I will have to buy a Florida fishing map if they have them to see where every lake and river is.

Karick Lake
    Bear Lake
    Lake Stone
    Hurricanye Lake
    Lake Victor
    Juniper Lake
    Lake Talquin

Have any of you guys or dolls ( covering head just in case ) tryed any of these lakes. If so how were they?

They list four rivers also.

Escambia River ( I'm going to try there next week..)
    Apalachicola River
    Choctawhatchee River
    Ochlocknee River

Lot of good information to read on the above web site. Showing all species of game fish in Florida.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Bob were in FL are you. I have heard of some of those spots and maybe we cak hook up one day and wet a line or 2.

3. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I have fished Lake Talquin several times for bass. I was fishing one day and they were having a Lady's bass tournament. Woman caught a big fish , It got hung on a stump. She pulled her pants off and jumped in the water.
    When she got it untangled it was a catfish about 8 lbs. She had some choice words about trash fish. Probably for me also , I was laughing so hard.

4. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    now thats funny......lmao

5. Dungeon Bob

Dungeon Bob New Member

State:
    Florida
    I'm in Milton, Florida. If you start at state line Penacola, Fl you go east on hwy 90 you would hit Pace and then Milton. It's about 20 miles from Penacola. By this summer I should know the good spots. Thats is unless to VA cut my leg open. If they do the I will have some catfish bait to use.

6. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    well we hope all goes well for ya bob,
    and we hope that since you live up that way that you will attend the florida catfish classic in wewahitchka in oct......loook at the sponsor list on the right of your screen and check it out then check out the where i fish site also it's like this site here but nit as big but just as good....

7. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Bob we will have to look into trying to make it down that way. I served with a guy from the in the Army.

8. ldp4657

ldp4657 New Member

State:
    Two Egg, Florida
    Bob,
    I've caught dozens of monster flatheads off the catwalk of the Jim Woodruff Dam on the Apalachicola River in Chattahoochee Fl. Fishing in the tailwaters of the dam is very hard and challenging but can be very rewarding. I've fished this area, Lake Seminole, Chattahoochee River, Apalachicola River(Three Rivers State Park) for years and know that this time of the year, the catfish can be caught anywhere. Good luck.

9. daisy102998

daisy102998 New Member

Does any one here fish Owl Creek or Kennedy Creek? They are in the Aplichacola (sp?) national forest.

10. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Robert,
    you may want to try the Apalachicola and Chipola Rivers. I saw quite a few 40 pounders pulled out of there last year. One of our sponsors Florida Catfish Classic holds a tournament there every year near the town of Wewahitchka. Look up Don Minchew (city planner). He is great about helping people in his area. Good luck!

11. ldp4657

ldp4657 New Member

State:
    Two Egg, Florida
    I live just north of Marianna and have fished the Chipola River for years. There are several good catfish holes in the river north of Marianna. But the real trophy are the monster bream.

12. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida

hey idp4657, if you fish the chipola river are you going to attend the florida catfish classic in october in wewahitchka?
    if so i look foward to meeting you there......

13. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    I live in the town that Lake Juniper is in, however they are draining it down right now to get a bunch of hydrilla out....way too much, and fishin is not good there now. I am also only 20 min. from the chatawhatchee river, it is very low now but the water is still movin, that is where I will fish tomorrow. With a boat you can get to some excellent holes. Lake Victor also not to far, but never fished it, but a buddy of mine said it is a good place if you have a boat.