Have Boat - Want to Learn Flathead Fishing On the Skuke

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by BobEver, Sep 8, 2007.

1. BobEver

BobEver New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I am interested in learning to catch flatheads in the Skuke. I presently fish the Delaware River and Darby Creek for channels.

I have a 14 foot fiberglass v hull boat with a tiller-driven 15 horse outboard.

If anyone who is experienced in catching flatheads on the Skuke whould be interested in fishing with me on my boat, please let me know. I will supply the boat to access areas you cant fish from shore, while you can supply the flathead expertise. I can accomodate up to two other people.

I am MOST interested in fishing the Skuke BELOW Fairmount dam, but would consider other areas as well. I have a season pass to launch at Ridley Marina on the Darby Creek.

Thanks

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Are you the same BobEver from the PAC?

3. BobEver

BobEver New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania

That would be me.

4. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    What's a PAC? ....

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I've never targeted flatheads in the lower Skuke, but I'm sure they are there. You will have to find a place to launch from.

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Bob,

I have no experience whatsoever fishing off a boat for flathead in the Skuke.

Fishing below Fairmount will be more trial and error. Don't expect any results.

Lauching your boat out of Gladywine or even Valley Forge, you have a better chance.