Have Anyone's Kids Been As Sick As Mine???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishrollo, Oct 29, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My two children have been sick since we enrolled them in daycare 5-7 weeks ago, when my wife had to go back to school. They seem to bring it home, and pass it around. Jacie has been ill earlier this week, now Colten woke this morning with a high temperature and the same symptoms! This H1N1 stuff scares me....rollo

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    MY 11 yr old has been sick also been out of school all week doc said she had walking pnmonia [spelling lol] she is beginning to get better wife had the grandson to the hospital last nite 4 months old he is really sick thought he had swine but they said no he got to go back tomorrow for some kind of test

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Just part of the scene. If something is going round, they will bring it home.

I once had kids in elementary, middle, and high at the same time. I was so sick, so often, that MY mother thought I had AIDS or something.:smile2:

Just keep a good eye on 'em, keep 'em hydrated, and hold them a lot.

Chances are, they will be fine. But don't hesitate to see a Doc if it gets too rough. Temp and dehydration are the enemies.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Lots of sick kids at the school we work at Jason. Hope yours and everyone elses skip under the wire on this H1N1 crap. Grown folks being sick don't bother me as much as lil guys do.

5. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Both kids have had it over the past few weeks as well as myself and their mom. Just when it seems you're over it it creeps back up on ya. Here's wishing everyone here a healthy fall and winter.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Our youngest daughter is a freshman and she reported that 2 of her classmates got sick in school,one went home with aches and pain and high fever. We heard that Childrens Mercy hospital a top pediactric hospital in Kansas City,Missouri is literally swamped with kids that have the h1n1. It is kinda scary.

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Jason I have been thru the sick kids I got 6 total a lot of stuff kids will catch no matter what you do But at my Grandsons pre school if they run a high temp they are sent back home

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    its a common problem bro. kids around kids spreading stuff. everytime mine gets a sniffle or cough my wife keeps um home and i take um to the doc. we accually kept my youngest at home the first two years of his life because the oldest stayed sick 80 % of the time when he started daycare. youngest ones seem to get sicker then the rest. fevers all the time. i feel your pain bro, some nasty bugs out there.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Both of mine have been thrown out of daycare for the same reason I know what your saying. And to top it off I awoke today to feel like im getting it as well! rollo

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jason this flu season is getting bad and everyone is afraid they have H1N1. Will say a prayer for your family.

11. My 9 year old daughter got such a bad fever we had to take her to the hospital to get it under control, because the dang doctor don't work weekends.:angry:

She wound up out of school for a few days and kicked it, then my older 13 year old daughter got sick next, then me.:embarassed: So it hopped around each of us for a day or two. Nothing scares me like my little one that had stubborn high fever, brings ya to your knees.:sad2:

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My wife started helping her daughter out in the kitchen of a private school. Both of us have been sick for the last month. Right about the time she was getting over it, I got sick. It's been miserable.

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Sorry to hear it brother . Hope they come out of it all ok . One of my grandsons just got admitted to childrens hospital in St.Louis .

14. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

my kids (5/6, and 10 months) were sick for almsot 2 weeks straight..the wife too...it was hell taking care of everybody but they all got over it in the same manner...schools are petri dishes brotha!