Have any of you used a Jet Dock??

Discussion in 'Boating' started by BLKCLOUD, Dec 20, 2007.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
  2. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Keith,
    I think they look neat, but when I checked several years ago it was a little out of my price range. I think for my 21' boat it was going to be at least $6,000.
    May be they have dropped in price now.

3. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
  4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have a jet dock that is much cheaper....i drive mine up on the shore!! lol. sorry i can't help..:smile2: rollo

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    personally i think u can build one a whole lot cheaper than that, sound pretty high!!!!

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Keith, That's sounds a little steep.

This one was $16k. Includes 2 lifts, storage and a swim deck. And I did all the wiring.
    Before that I had a floating covered wood dock (polystyrene sealed inside a polyethylene container), one stall, no lifts, it cost $6k.

On our lake I see a lot of the the jet dock's used for jet skis, don't remember seeing any used for boats.

7. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Keith,
    If you want to take one apart and haul it back, you can get 1 and 2 slot docks for free at the Lake of the Ozarks. A new reg was passed on the lake that all docks have to have encapsulated foam. So many people are selling them for a few hundred bucks or just giving them away.

I currently use a converted 24' pontoon boat as my dock(it works well with the current of the river), but several of my neighbors have picked up the old lake docks.

8. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    In 1993 here on Lake Hamilton Entergy (AR Power & Light) regulations were changed for all floating docks. From that date it required closed cell (extruded) polystyrene or approved encapsulated foam bead (expanded) poly-styrene on all floating docks. Grandfathered docks were given 10 years to replace their open cell poly-styrene. Lucky for us we bought our first dock in 93.

I'm surprised about the Lake of the Ozarks on a regulation against the jet ski docks.... surely must not have anything to do with their flotation material... probably they are not being anchored properly? The jet ski docks here are made from approved flotation.

The open cell poly-styrene flotation should have NEVER been allowed on any lake. This lake was covered with floating sections and pieces of poly-styrene when we moved here.