Have a problem with my abu 6000

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by catfishing is fun, Mar 11, 2007.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    I'm not sure if it is seriose or not, but when i spin the handle really fast, and then stop it, the spool spins and makes a noise? any ideas what it is?

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I'm pretty sure they all do this. I know all of mine do. The way to fix it is really easy: quit spinning it real fast and stopping it suddenly. That way, there's no noise.:lol:

3. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    alright, ill do that, it dosent lower the proformance any dose it?

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    U might try to call Abu and see with the problem is, I have a Abu 6000 and my is work fine.

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Marshall, you took it apart didn't you? LOL
    This is a common problem I have when I strip the reel durring maintenance. Take the handel back off, take the 3 screws out of the side plate. Pull the side plate off and pull the gear that the handel turns. Look underneath it, there is a black plastic ring that fits up aginst the bottom. If you havent yet coat this plastic ring with oil so it will stick to the gear. Move it around and re-seat it, then place the gear back on the post and turn it counter clockwise once or twice and let it seat a couple of times. Turn slowly, after that re-assemble and try again to make the spool spin. If it still spins when reeling the only thing you can do is take it apart and re assemble till it works right. That single little washer is messing up the whole reel. I want you to let me know if this fix worked. If not I might be able to help you figure out something else. Just send me a PM.

6. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    no, i have not disassembled the reel