Have a medical question.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishrollo, Jan 17, 2010.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am a laborer, played sports for years, had a ton of ankle sprains etc. Recently I have been having numbness in my left foot, and at times it tingles like it is asleep, and no matter what I do, can't get it to stop it seems. Anyone have any similar issues? I probably need to get to the doc.s ... Just has me wondering if it could be a circulation, or possibly nerve issue.. thanks...rollo

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Get it checked. It sounds like a nerve impingement. They may be able to give you shots if it has not gone to far. If you have to have surgery you will be non-weight bearing for 6 weeks. I waited and even with surgery I still have problems. Get to a good Ortho. Dr.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks, it is annoying as heck. I wake up at night and my whole foot up above my ankle is cold, numb, and feeling asleep.. I can get out of bed, walk etc. with it not changing much. The numbness is pretty much constant , I will call tomorrow or tues. It is starting to get to me... rollo

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hmmm? It sounds to me like what happen from kicking yourself in the butt from picking Micky Waltrip in wolfmans pick a winner game.:monkey:Sorry I had to do that.Yeah I would see if the doctor could help you out.
    smokey

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You might be right Smokey, But, I'd rather kick my self in the arse, then put my head up it! LMAO! J/K...rollo

6. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Never any feet problems. Mine was the left arm and hand. Bumped left elbow one night getting on a train (long story) and about half my left hand went numb and started hurting. Went to the doctor and he said Ulnar nearve was damaged so another doctor did surgury. He damaged the nearve even more and it turned to RSD. (Something you DO NOT want). I had another surgury and many many sets of nerve blocks and pain that I would not wish on anyone. There were nights when I honestly thought of ending it all. After about 5 years of theropy and nerve blocks I only rarely suffer from the RSD. All in all it really changed my life. Maybe some for the better and maybe some not so good. Still don't have 100% use of the arm and arthritus has set in. So by all means go have that foot checked by a reputable nerve doctor

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Best of Luck Rollo!

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gonna see if I can get an appt. tomorrow now if possible. Wife is concerned I think more than me. Hopefully it isn't serious. rollo

9. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    better get it checked out rollo.. had a friend in highschool that broke his leg.. complained of numbness after a month, then passed away from blood clotting.. i thought it was pretty strange, probably not the full story, but close enough for me to get checked out if something like that happens to me!

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    No question,if its been an ongoing thing,get it checked. I had a friend ,with same symptoms in his leg,ended up having an amputation above the knee. please dont mess with it. {This coming from a fella that has a gash on my cheek from a rusty pipe and no tetnus shot in over 20 yrs} I know ,done heard it.

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Jason,

I had similiar problems. They did tests on my legs said I had bad tarsal tunnel, like carpal tunnel but in your feet instead of your wrists. I had surgery on both feet about 6 months apart to decompress the nerves and it is 1000% better.....

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    You can have severe back problems and your back not even hurt.
    Pinched nerves are no joke. They can cause permanent nerve damage.
    Look up Cauda Equina Syndrome.

That is the result of waiting too long for a problem that started in the spine.
    I've got some CES but nothing like what alot people deal with with intestines dying and such.

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Its too late! Can I have your fishin gear? LOL!

14. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Better get er checked out Rollo its nothing to mess with!!! Hope all gos well,J.D.

15. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    OK,you can have the fishing gear...But I am 1st in line for his boat and guns. :cowboy:

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jason, when you go to the Dr. next time,let him know that you handle copious amounts of lead, may be important for him to know.:skeleton:

17. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Go get it checked, possible blood clot in your veins, or arterial blockage. I had numbness for almost 3 years, the docs didn't want to mess with it. Had some problems walking, and could feel hard spots in some of my surface veins. Only got cramps when I walked too fast, but I had lack of energy and got tired easy too. Finally a piece broke off and lodged in my lung, thats painful too. Its easy for the docs to check for a clot or blockage, but they gotta figure it out. Some of em don't know about such stuff, but a blood clot can get in your heart and kill ya. Had it happen to a friend. If you have an artery blockage, it could be due to a previous injury, in time your body will grow new blood vessels around the blockage, but you will be uncomfortable until then. Possible Peripheral Artery Disease, PAD, advertisements on TV claim you could also have blocked arteries in your heart. A guy had a blocked artery in his leg, couple years later he found out the hard way he had a blocked artery in his heart. I can only guess but its definately worth a visit to the doctor. He might only need to give some blood thinners to clean it out, or may have something serious. If the doc can't figure it out, check with another, thats what I shoulda done.

18. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Rollo,
    The guys have given you some very solid advice, best get it checked out

.....I guess all I can add is that you can always work at I hop ...W