Have a great holiday weekend out there..

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Cattitude, May 22, 2009.

1. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    Hope everyone has a great Memorial weekend...have fun out there everyone and be safe. Hope you all catch some big ones. I'll try to hit the river at some point this weekend not sure when. So again have fun and good luck out there everyone.:cool2:

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Same to you Be safe

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Thanks! I hope everyone has a really nice memorial day weekend.May the catfish gods shine upon everyone too.:big_smile::tounge_out::big_smile:

4. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Ditto guys. Have fun and watch the recreational dummy's!! But if you want some laughs, just hang around the boat launches. It get real comical this time of year with the know-it-alls, wanna-be's, suppost-to-be's, gonna-be's, and last but not least the Ok-nobody-is-looking-let's-go-quickly crowd.:wink:

I'll be pulling out of here in about an hour or so with, 60+ captive volunteers ready to play tag with mister shovelhead. Hopefully you won't hear anything from me until sunday if all goes right, LOL!! might be a blessing without my dribble.:smile2::smile2:

Enjoy the long weekend!

5. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    I'm getting ready to go over my rods and get things together. Not sure where I'm going yet or when. Might just end up at Willliamsport again or four locks and give it a shot. Didn't go out this week for cats at all but went out for trout got two one of them being my new PB a little over 18 inches. I figure we will hit it for cats this weekend sometime and I hope we get into some that have a decent size. Again good luck hope you all hit some big ones and be safe.

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,m going to give the Ohio & Beaver a shot tommorow.I,ll be whatever place has the least amount of nuts out.Don,t forget,tommorow the 23rd is 1 of PA.s fish for free days.I,m hoping every jetski in the tri-state region breaks down for the weekend.:angry:Keep safe and good fishing everyone!:big_smile: If any jetskiers turn up missing,IT WASN,T ME.:wink:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm going Saturday and Sunday night! :big_smile: Happy Holiday to everyone! :cool2:

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Turned out to be a fun couple days of fishing without sleep, LOL! Left Friday for comowingo dam. Fishing until Saturday after lunch. Got into some flatheads. Caught 13 with the biggest(new PB) 18#. wind kicked up pretty good, got a notion to fish A channel tourney Saturday night on the upper potomac and didn't do to bad. caught around 30 channels. That was probably the only thing keeping me away saturday night, being the constant bite.

Probably caught the smallest channel I've ever caught. Maybe 4 inches on a 5/0 hook with a blue gill about the same size. LOL!!!!!!! Darnest thing you ever saw. I guess it is safe to say you can never have too big of bait or hook..... Side note. Actually was using 50# test with 80# leader. Heck of a fight LOL!!!:smile2::smile2:

Came home Sunday AM and went to bed til 4am today. think thats the most sleep I've gotten in a long time.:smile2:

Had fun laughing my ass off at the new boaters trying to load up their boats Saturday afternoon. i'm gonna have to set the video camera up sometime and get footage of this. Down right hilarious at the ones that have the attitude that they are gods gift to the river masters, then come in at 10mph and miss the trailer or pull it on the trailer and forget to hook the line onto the bow and drive up the ramp and the boat falls off the trailer, then gets out and yells at his wife for not reminding him. LOL!!!!!!!

9. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Gotta love that stuff Pip. Happy Holidays everyone.

10. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    Sounds like you tore into it with a vengence. My idea of a good weekend. I just got back myself from williamsport. started there last night at 8pm and fished till about an hour ago. A few small walleye, and a small crappie. We hit two channels 1 small the other 24 inches but fat as all get out. Both were caught on live gills. Around 9 this am my rod just about bends in half and its on. Well at least for the minute and a half it took him to show me who was boss. He started running up stream and i was trying to get my drag turned back 3 hard pulls and snapped 30# test like it was nothing. He hit a gill about 3 inches long. All I know is it got the blood pumping hard. Sounds like you all had fun and some good reports from everyone.

11. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    You wasn't too far from me then. I put in down at Dam4 and ran up to just below the I-81 bridge and fished up in that area all night. Sounds like your starting to get things figured out. plus add in the water is starting to stablize since the flood the other week.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Mike on the PB Flathead! :cool2: And the PB Channel Cat! :wink: :smile2: The new boaters are indeed fun to watch! :smile2:

13. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    Sounds like you had a great weekend. Good job on the new PB. As for the water, I think since its gone down it has helped alot. Fishing around the corner from the boat ramp up where the other creek comes in at williamsport, I can look out there now and see alot better and am kinda figuring out where to cast.