Havasu springs AZ

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by godsglad8tor, Oct 8, 2007.

1. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    i miss this place so much, i used to go there with my grandfather during the summers, last weekend i stayed at the sandpoint campgrounds, so i stoped by the marina and since they eliminated fishing in the marina, fish are alot braver, seen some 4 foot plus carp and cats, even some above avg bluegill, that place has cleaned up alot as well, or maybe because summer has ended, anyways, brings back memories

2. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I call it commando fishing.
    Fishing where you arent welcome but under cover of darkness. Phoenix zoo, CAP canal, etc. Ive fished and caught a few gators, security guards, huge carp, cats, it takes guts and running shoes.

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    now starting to see what i see on some of other fishing forums. sorry to see this. commado fishing. this is a great site. lets not start the illigal telling of fishing ok? just my opinion.
    gary

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i also agree. there are alot of very impressionable young fishermen and women that view this site and while i am by no means an angel, i dont think that commando fishing is really the way to go. we have all dont things that we know are wrong, and yes we knew they were wrong at the time, but i do draw the line at trespassing. thats a good way to get shot, and its not really something that we want to impress upon our youth.

5. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I don't think Michael meant to offend anyone so let's not be so quick to throw stones from a glass house. I do aggree that the members of the BOC are an exceptional group of fisherman but there's no such thing as a 3 pole stamp (in Arizona that is).
    Myself and Andy were at the Bartlett lake Marina last Saturday and overheard a young boy around 12 years old talking about the BOC. He seemed to be real excited about catfishing. He didn't mention how he found the BOC but he had obviously spent some time on the site. We introduced ourselves and shared a few ideas and tips with him. I wish we could have taken him out with us. Just a thought.
    Micah

6. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I thought that was what my wife is? :smile2:

I do agree thought that people should not post about illegal fishing.

7. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona

8. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    You are such a rebel. Weeeeee :roll_eyes: