Hats off to Law Enforcement.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ulikedew, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I am writing this to commend all of our law enforcement.We have several current and retired here on our site.My hats are off to you all.I have family and friends in law enforcement and they deserve a big THANKS every once in awhile.I am sure that they could tell stories that a normal person would cringe.But they get up every day and put the uniform on to protect us.So next time you are out and about and see an officer walk up to them and tell them thanks.
    The following link is to a friend and officer who gave his life to protect us.

http://fcsdin.homestead.com/FCDMemorial.html

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Great thread Brian i agree 100% i also have friends in law inforcement. Reps to you.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the post. I have a nephew who is with MO. Hiway patrol. I think about him every day.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have many friends in law enforcement and have a lot of respect for all officers. Great threads Thanks.

5. mmuckleroy

mmuckleroy New Member

State:
    Texas
    In agree with the hats off to Law Enforcement. My father retired after 29 yrs. with Houston P.D. Its a shame news is mostly about the bad ones.

6. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Brian, it really feels good to have a bunch of folks on the site that are willing to stand up and say "Thanks". July 1, 2008 I'll start my 27th year, having served as a municipal officer, deputy sheriff and now as a state investigator. Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I only have 163 days remaining. Going to try an pull the plug Dec 31. Course then got to find a job, can't live the lifestyle I have gotten accustom to on retirement, but we have a new sporting good store opening early next year. "What you mean they will pay me to walk around in all this fishing stuff?"

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    One of the most dangerous jobs for sure. Hats of to those who work it.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great thread! I agree 100%!!!:big_smile:

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    My father was a policer officer. My uncle and his family were in law inforcement. Even though my father was a sheriff in a small farming community, I still worried about him while he was on duty. He did his job to the fullest and people respected that. My hat is off to the people in law enforcement. They have to deal with everyday issues that are very stressfull, and that means alot to me. Next time you talk to someone in law enforcement, do tell them thanks for what they do.

Thanks.

Mark.

10. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    AMEN BROTHER Watched that on the news Sorry for loss of your friend

11. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I was in law enforcement for four years and let me tell you it is no walk in the park. Just the other day I had an old co-worker tell me that he was shot at while driving down the road. He turned the car around and started to chase them. They were arrested and book into jail. My hats off to the law enforcement community who risk their life every day for us.

12. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    One of the most important building blocks of our free society. They do have trouble finding enough men and women who are right for the job, but to those that ARE there for the right reasons, THANK YOU.