hats off to all the santee anglers!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Steve Douglas, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hats off to anyone who fishes the santee lakes on a regular bacis,i just fished the cabelas tourny this past week end and i was lost! the shallow water and the wind had me scratchin my head! and did i mention the WIND? guys ive been in some pretty knarly water before but i could generally find somewhere to get out of it, not the case on lake moultrie, you guys and gals that fish it regularly, are some awsome anglers to have to put up and fish in those conditions, and catch fish! i wasnt there but 2 days, and it was on my nerves from the get go! altho i did manage to find some fish the day of the tourny for an 8 th place finish, i cant say i look forward to fishing it alot! but heres to all you guys and gals that call santee your home waters! much repect!

steve douglas

2. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The Santee Lakes can definately get really ugly really quick! Lake Moultrie especially is much harder to get out of the wind. Congrats on the 8th place finish on our famed Santee Lakes.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    You had an awesome finish Akwa-Lung1. Great job!!! You can be proud of that on new water!!! :wink:

We got lucky and fishable winds on Saturday.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Steve congrats on the 8th place finish and it was nice to meet you. The winds were pretty tame for the most part and very fishable.

5. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    well i totaly understand why you guys like the toons now!

6. bassgasm2002

bassgasm2002 New Member

State:
    sc
    umm yea then there's the stumps in marion. there's no place like it though. big fishies too! congrats on the 8th.

7. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Steve, It was nice to meet you at the tourney. Congratulations on your finish.:wink:
    That was a good day on the lake.:eek:oooh: It can get dangerous, I'm glad it wasn't so bad that it forced the Anglers to alter their stategies. You did well, not fishing there much. This was Team Smackdown's first major tournament, we wanted to catch a limit to weigh and finish high enough to get an invite to the Classic at Pickwick, we accomplished both!:wink::cool2:

Looking forward to fishing with ya again.:wink:

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats on the 8th place finish Steve. Awesome job!:wink:

9. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    I have fished the lower lake in yrs. past and U don't want to be out there in a small boat when the wind gets up. Saw a small tri-hull sink one saturday nite at the wall striper fishing in the late 70's. Terrible deal.
    PEEDEE CAT

10. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Congrats Steve on the 8th place finish,that was a good comeback after the day you had on Friday,I wish ours would have been that sucessful.:wink:I think we all learned alot about the Lakes of Santee Cooper this past weekend:crazy:

11. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Steve what was your total weight?

12. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    i weighed in 4 fish for a total of 89.sumum

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Steve, Great job down there in SC.

14. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Steve I forgot to tell U congrats. Man U did great placing 8th place. Hang in there maybe next time U can finish #1.
    PEEDEE CAT

15. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    well thanks guys! but this post aint about me and my finish! its about a new found respect for all you guys that fish that rough ass lake on a regular bacis!

like i said hats off to ya!