hats, Hats, HAts, HATs and now HATS

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    When I joined the BOC, I followed the rules and included a photo of myself. Reason being, the BOC said it was required. We had some members that their face did not show up well in their existing photo and they got a PM from the sheriff informing then that they had to correct the situation. We, for the most part, conformed to the photo thing, but then it slowly developed over the past few months that there might be more hats than faces on this board.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new BOC hat, but it belongs on our heads out in the public or while we are out fishing or at the weighin with the winning fish, not on a message board.

Every now and then when someone writes something that I disagree with, I like to get right in their face and debate the issue. Hard to do against a good looking hat. As of right now, the playing field is not level. Wonder what we are going to do about it? I don't know, but I bet the Shadow knows!!

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Like myself some others need to show less of thier faces. LOL!

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I concur on this subject. I had not been on the board 12 hours until I go a PM telling me to get that picture right. The first one I put up was removed.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    yea, they got me pretty fast but one reason they did is because it's part of the rules to enter -BoC- contests. No pic..no enter contests.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Turn your head backwards, cap facing forwards with the appropriate slogan and superimpose the Chiefs face on it. What they gonna do, sue ya?

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well George, it wasnt exactly your face that caused the problem!!!!!!Unfortunately the BOC did not have a Hat big enough to cover the offending part!:big_smile::eek:oooh:

7. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    The avatar is not and never was required it is voluntary. The hat is put there by the BOC untill you decide put up an avatar.
    Here is rule number
    "9. Avatar and Profile Pictures, Signature Rules

The Avatar picture option was created to allow members to visually identify who they are talking to and create an atmosphere of friendship by sharing your personal image, "Your face". This option does create a more favorable environment for all and is strictly voluntary to participate in.

The Avatar picture option will only contain a relatively recent recognizable photo of yourself and will not be abused by placing advertisements, pictures of dogs, cats, cartoons, or other images or other forms of animated media.

The Profile picture can be used to display another photo that you like as long as the picture is in good taste and does not contain advertisements.

The signature section of your profile may contain no more than 4 lines. Signatures which are too long, do not conform with the other rules regarding signatures, or which interfere with the display or readability of messages will be edited or removed."

8. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    My post above was just to quote the rule, my personal opinion is that the avatar is a very good option. It allows us to see who we are talking to and I feel it one reason this place is a true brotherhood. I encourage all members to put up an avatar picture.

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I forgot to add in my other post that when I first signed up I had no idea how to post the picture.After all these years I am proud to say I have maintained my absolute perfect level of human evolution and still cant!!!!!!:smile2::tounge_out:HOWEVER I was smart enough to figure out that somebody like WHISTLER could help me out and he did.SOOOOOOO if you dont have an avatar because you cant figure out how to do it PLEASE just ask for help and somebody will be right with you.:smile2:

10. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Good point Jim, I really like seeing the person whom I'm posting with.

:big_smile:

11. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I agree with Jim. I was always opposed to posting personal pictures on the Internet; in fact, I never trusted the Internet enough to post any personal information at all.

The BOC broke me out of the sense of distrust to the point that the community here knows more about the real me more than any other discussion board!

First the avatar...then your whole life's history! :eek:oooh:

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lets see some picts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

13. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Yes, there are some in here that have over 500 posts and still no avatar, I like seeing a pic of the person I'm going to post with, it's more friendly atmosphere that way.

:wink:

14. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'll be posting new avatar soon. No more avatars of me with small fish. Time for the big pics. Coming soon!!!!to a post near you.:cool2:

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Then take off them dadburn sunglasses! I like lookin' at a person's eyes when I'm talkin' to 'em! :tounge_out::smile2::wink:

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    talking about me again, eh george?:angry::smile2:

17. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well, Tanya, one good thing about you ragging on Griz.....you're giving me some rest!:wink::smile2:

18. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My first avatar was a photo of just me,some of my friends that visit the BOC from time to time said I looked like I was mad at the world and I needed to change it.
    so I did.
    when we took some new pictures I chose the one I felt best represented me and my world.
    but if y'all would Rather be looking at a big ugly redneck,,,
    I'll change back to my very best close up.:wink: LOL

19. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Tanya, if I can remember correctly there was a time when you were getting the raz about not having an avatar. I'm glad you did, cause it helped to identify you at ng1.

I like seeing faces when I'm on here, it really does help the brotherhood.