Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cherokee, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Anyone ever hatch eggs in a incubator ? If So How Did it turn out and the best way to do it . I got one that hold up to 40 eggs with a fan and egg turner put 18 eggs in it today.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Herb. I hatched tons of baby chicks back when I was in mt late teens and early 20 s,I bought one of those incubators last year ,we had a 60% hatch on the first setting,and a 0% on the next. My daughter wasnt being as carefull handling the eggs we were keeping to set . Just follow the provided info and you'll do fine.

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think as long as the eggs are good you shouldnt have any trouble. Good luck.
    smokey

4. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Tks For The post my incubator is stying at the right temp now and i just added some more water when should i add water ?

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Herb,Iadd water to the troughs about every three days,i think the instructions will tell you about when to do it ,just look and keep it full with warm water ,cold will make the temps drop too quickly for good hatching.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Herb thank you for the info, sounds like a good plan, my uncle has alot of chickens and baby chicks and has a bunch of eggs I will let him know about this case he wants to give it a try.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    The Auto turner Motor Quit :crazy: I hope it didn't ruin my eggs :sad2:

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    One BAd Egg So Far It Was Cracked And I Took it Outside And finished cracking it open MISTAKE !!!!!!
    Boy Did That Thing Stink :eek:oooh:

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If you caught it in time ,Herb. You can still hand turn the eggs,My old incubator didnt have a turner in it and I spent many hrs turning eggs,a half turn twice daily will do,just make sure they are never turned with the pointed end up.

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    When I was doing my student teaching in kindergarten back in the day... we hatched pheasants. Was a lot of fun for sure. Works to keep kids quiet too...

"We have to be quiet, we are hatching baby chicks. Noise hurts them." :smile2:

11. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    So far 2 eggs have hatched off they where 4 days early :eek:oooh:

12. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    As of Now Got 5 baby Chicks thats 5 out of 18 hope-in for 4 more to hatch :big_smile:

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Baby Chick Are Doing Good So Far

Attached Files:

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad at least part of them have hatched,Herb. I think watching chicks hatch is one of the finest miracles on this earth.

15. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Time For Round 2 Put 40 eggs in the incubator last night hope to get better results this time.:big_smile: