Hatchie River

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by MemphisCat, Jul 9, 2009.

1. MemphisCat

MemphisCat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What level would you consider the Hatchie to be too low to navigate. Specifically in a 17ft boat. I been out there plenty of times when it is close to flood stage, but never during the summer. I would like to launch from the 51 ramp. Thanks

2. Wilbur T.

Wilbur T. New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was on it last summer when it was around 7 foot (at Bolivar) in a 16-footer. I think it'd be tough if it were much lower than that.

3. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I stopped and looked at it today just outside of Bolivar. It looked very fishable.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Guys he's talking about near the Ms River. Guessing if its good at bolivar, should be lots more water there at Hwy 51.
    Also talked with a guy 2 weeks ago about that section of the river, He told me that he never had any problems running it in a 16ft boat down that low.
    Pete

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  5. MemphisCat

MemphisCat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fished the Hatchie last week when the river was at 3ft on the rialto gauge. I had no problems navigating. Everywhere i stopped to fish i got plenty of bites, and caught lots of fish. However, all the fish were very small. I was also fishing with dip bait, which is probly why i was dealing with nibblers all day.

6. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I've never fished the Hatchie personally but have heard it's full of Channels and Flathead.