Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a favorite ball cap ya wear...until it's so crappy and dirty even you don't want to put it on...but you're afraid whatever mojo you had working for ya will disappear without the hat on? And when ya put it in the washer it comes out looking just like it went in....Q sause from six years ago still there along with the liver blood, and it's still mosquito repelled, and even your dog shrinks away from it. And even if it's early morning and you get pulled over by the police, and all you have had is coffee, he'll say, "Have you been drinking this morining.".....and you say "No officer, it's just my hat."

Is it just me?

· Registered
1,763 Posts
i keep all my hats until they are so wore out they have no color left or are ripped to shreds best way i have found to keep em smelling decent is a fabric softner sheet or febreeze another way to clean your hats effectively is put it in the dishwasher if ya have one somehow it cleans them better

· Registered
514 Posts
I'll wear a hat until it won't stay on. Got a couple john deere hats so covered in grease, dirt, and fish scales you can't tell what color they originally were. I've heard some people say that washing them with ivory dish soap will clean them better than anything, I've never tried it though.

· Registered
1,233 Posts
I am very funny about my hats. I know what you are talking about. I have my favorite
hunting hat. I have got several good deer wearing that hat. The hunter orange is now
more like a light orangeish pink.LOL I only wear it when hunting really gets tough.
I almost feel sorry for the deer when I wear that hat.LOL

· Registered
514 Posts
I am very funny about my hats. I know what you are talking about. I have my favorite
hunting hat. I have got several good deer wearing that hat. The hunter orange is now
more like a light orangeish pink.LOL I only wear it when hunting really gets tough.
I almost feel sorry for the deer when I wear that hat.LOL
Kinda reminds me of a guy I fish with sometimes, he refuses to fish without his old broken down spiderwire hat. It's his lucky charm, and he catches alot of fish. Pretty much will not fish without that hat though. Swears by it's powers.

Reactions: bootshowl

· Registered
5,830 Posts
YUP,GOT me 2 of them.my hoyt hat is so worn out i have to use duct tape to keep it on.my bow only hat,don't say bow only any more,not enough fabric left.lol but they still ain't ready for the garbage yet.

· Registered
14,556 Posts
Nearly got in a fight with a fisherman that had a hat like you described. His Harley Hat had several metal emblems on it and when it blew off in my boat, we turned around quickly to retrieve it, but it sank. He was fighting mad and I had to listen to him crying over the hat, for the rest of the tournament. It was my fault for running to fast. LOL. Many people just refuses to part with their lucky hats.

· Registered
741 Posts
I hear ya man. I got an old hat I've had so long it has 300 mph tape holding the headband adjuster together. Finally got so worn the tape was cracking so a couple days ago I had ceremony and retired it from active service. Got another one, scrunched it up properly, rubbed a lil hand grit on it and wore it around the house just to mold it to my noggin just right. Took it out on it's maiden fishin trip Monday and I caught my first fish of the year. Guess I have a new ol good luck fishin hat now. I love it when a plan comes together.

:glasses-cool:

· Banned
992 Posts
Yep, I do have a couple UMWA hats that I have worn so long they are pretty threadbare. The one has been washed, starched and stretched over a lard bucket so much it is ready to fall apart. Don't think I ever "Got Lucky" while wearing either of them tho. :cowboy:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.