Hasn't anyone fished Eastwood Lake or Bresslers Reservoir

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Montgomery, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i cant believe not one person on here from dayton ohio or nerby. hasn't any info on these 2 places . or ever at least been to the boat races at eastwood . bresslers isn't really around here . its in lima i think. please guys anyone out there ni anything . park ranger told me last year they caught 50 lb blue .

2. creekchub

creekchub New Member

State:
    OH
    yes bresslers reservoir is in lima. good catfishing, try shrimp on north bank between woods, usually fish with slip bobber. good luck

3. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    hey thanks for taking the time to reply bud. i guess your the only one hoes fished it

4. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i live in fairborn realclose to dayton and im looking for a good place to fish i havnt lived here long

5. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Try CJ Brown in Clark county. Eastwood is ok for channels but I have not fished it in a while. The ramp there is really steep and I have moved closer to CJ. It's a lot nicer place and much bigger with no wake zones to keep the crackers off of ya when your fishing!

6. madmatt010

madmatt010 New Member

State:
    ohio, dayton
    Eastwood is ok not too hot. but last year a guy did catch a 50 lb blue it was in the paper. there decent crappie and saugeye in there if you can find them

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have always heard that a few decent channels to be found in there and I suspect if a blue was in there, someone transplanted it there. I almost went there today but good thing i didnt, I went past there and there were like 3 ft waves full of whitecaps, certainly would have caused a big problem on my little boat.:eek:oooh:

And, no, I have only ever fished it by electroshock with the 5 rivers crew, ( no cats, all bass shad and saugeyes)

Salmonid

8. Catfish_John1979

Catfish_John1979 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    Hey Fellow Daytonians... been awhile since ive been on... family issues and such.. but eastwood lake its a decent spot to take kids and to catch some decent channels and on rare occasions flathead... during the summer you can fish till 2 am on the weekends... the places ive caught most of my cats from is the small lake behind the beach area for jetskis.... ive caught numerous channels and 3 flatties... in the 4-5 yrs ive fished it... great spot to catch monster carp too... on the main lake... the spillway is great to catch carp in the morning... right when the sun is rising... also have caught some decent channel cats on the old ramp... but my favorite spot to fish is... this concrete box that is on the bank at the begining of the jetski area... if anyone wants to get together this summer and fish it.. just contact me via email.. catfish_john1979@yahoo.com or pm me... now that im back on line...

John