Has this happened to you?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kkyyoottee, Oct 8, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A couple years ago me and this big old buck was doing the mind game thing. Me being a human and can think would keep changing my stand. Him being stupid would just approach on different trail. Well one night he messed up and was headed right for me. The wind was in my favor, I was on new stand, I had approached from a different route, you couldnt of spied me even with infra-red binocs. But at 40 feet this monster just stopped. I swear he looked at my 3 other empty stands and just walked backwards for about 10 feet and disappeared!!! Everything was perfect the set up and the wind. He just decided to kick deer dun in my face!!!

2. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    will, i call that the what the hell just hapened moment,even with a perfect set up the buck seems to just not like the feel of the area,ive had it happen several times even shot one backin up one day before he could change his mind.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I did that once, when heading into a bar.

4. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    tom, did the same thing,down in lousiana on bourban street i walked into a bar full of giant queers ,sensing something just wasnt right about the area i slowly backed out the door.

5. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Jeff,
    Thats too funny, Im sure you was not fishing for catfish.

:big_smile:

6. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Been to Bourbon street myself....backed out of that bar faster than that speeding bullet. LMAO......

Will that buck may have smelled you even though the wind was in your face. I have been setting high up in a tree with the wind directly in my face and see the weeds not twenty yards away blowing towards the deer's approach. Wind currents are funny things that we just cannot control.