Has This Ever Happened to "You"???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dreadnaught, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I got up early this morning and had to wait for a meeting with a sponsor. So I am setting here on the computer waiting for the time to go so I could get back home and pack up for a trip to get some bait. I have been planning a trip to get some skipjack for a week now. Needless to say I have been pretty anxious and am in need of bait.
    When out of the blue, I her a voice coming from the bedroom that says, (and I quote) " We need to get the rest of the Christmas shopping done!!!"
    WHAT?????:angry:
    I thought we were done with all of that!!!!
    (Apperently I was wrong)
    So now I sit here wondering if I am gonna ever get to go and get bait. I am still going to meet with the sponsor this morning but, other plans have gone down the tubes and, will be put off till tommorow:angry:!!!!

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm married with three kids..... So I've hard that crap lots of time. :roll_eyes::embarassed:

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Welcome to my world JW. It seems like anytime I need to get something done that I need to do, work on boat as of late. My wife finds something that needs to be done right this minute. Even if it has been needing done for six months. I mean if it has been needing fixin for six months it can wait for a little longer, can't it? :smile2: Of course I have my list of honey do's that I continue to try and whittle that list down but she keeps adding to it faster than I can get them done.:smile2: It seems like everyday for the past two weeks every time I say I am going to work on my boat, her reply is why don't you do this, why don't you do that, or we need to go do this or that.:angry::smile2:

I feel for you brother. You better go do what she wants or she might not give you your Christmas present. LOL:smile2:

Thanks
    David

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    JW, I've been trying to find the time for over 2 months now to get over to Cumb. City for some skips. Let's see why I haven't; I work nights, keep my kids ( 3 yr. old twins ) during the day, wife works a day job, kids have been sick on and off since Halloween, and of course, the dreadful Christmas shopping to do. As Forrest Gump says, "that's all I've got to say about that"!

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    JW you gotta let your woman know who is the boss :smile2:, my wife knows I hate to shop so she really doesnt ask. Sometimes when going out and we dont have the kids we may go but I cant remember anytime she has stated that "we" have some last minute shopping to do.

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dont need a Doctor to tell me I'm nuts.:roll_eyes:
    I went shopping yesterday. It was a mad house. I'm not even going to commit on people/drivers. After fighting more traffic that I could image, looking for a parking place at mall, I finally went inside. I manage to walk through one store , turned around and had to leave. NO way. :crazy:

I got home , it was dark, clear night had to find a way to relax. later I started me a little fire and sit outside to the wee hours of the night watching Fedex planes ( Santa ) going back and forth in the sky.:roll_eyes::smile2:

I can't wait till I can take a walk in the woods or just sit on the bank alone. :big_smile:
    Wish I still had my boat so I could go out and sit in middle of lake.:0a22:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My wife just told me we got to go one last time for food and stocking stuffers. :eek:oooh:
    I'm glad I still got plenty of checks left cause the cash is gone. :wink:

7. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Gary we know who the real boss is, because noone would where that shirt by choice. lol

Na, I'll be rooting for you guys in Jan.

8. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    JW,
    Just thought of some ammunition for you to use. Let your wife read the above post and then ask her if she wants you to go with her.:roll_eyes: This post may be the very reason I was not invited on the shopping trip yesterday. My loving wife left me at home to get a few things done.:big_smile:

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
    David

9. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I'm in the same boat lol

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Shame on you JW for not knowin what was goin on with the big holiday. LOL!

As far as crowds go. The proper diet and some skillfully placed "BUTT BOMBS" opens paths to where ever ya need to go in a store. LOL!

11. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Oh so that's what I have been seeing in the sky.Opps my bad they are dropping UPS dropping little brown packages on their way to land across the river.

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    My wife and I have made a deal of sorts. I don't bother her to come fishing/hunting/tool & material shopping with me, and she extends the same courtesy to me regarding other shopping. I get my plans changed due to the kids' schedule every so often, but overall she's pretty understanding of my fishing addiction. Also, Eric is probably one of the only kids in the church choir to regularly get home at 8AM after sleeping in the boat, take a shower, an be in church looking presentable by 9. :wink:

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :smile2: BUTT BOMBS! :smile2: That is too funny! :smile2:

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    The PMF trick.:bad_smelly:
    Thats always fun in a crowded store with great results. :wink::smile2:

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey JW,

I know where your coming from. :angry:

I been dealing with this "we got to get this person this", and "we got to get this person that stuff", for about two weeks now.
    +
    "Today" - I'm get things together to give Shania a birthday party :009:/ blowing party today at one of the local spots in the area.
    (Shania:0010: Birthday is on the 23th)
    And you members here with kids or grand kids , with birthdays near or on Christmas Day - know what I'm talking about.
    :tire:

So Big Brother - I just wanted you to know that I fill Ya Pain.

("Just Kidding")
    You know that I'm loving every minute of this.
    :wink:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I remember my Pa cutting loose standing in a teller's line at the bank. Didn' take him long to get to the front of the line.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    JW, tell your wife that that's what Internet is for. A little late now for Christmas, but given good lead time, you can get all the shopping done without fighting the crowds.

You can get that Humminbird Side Scan right from the comfort of your easy chair...you might not look so cross next year, bro! :wink:

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    JW. I feel sorry for you. Poor Baby. Suck it up. Put your foot down.Then ask the wifes permission to take an extra day at the Sci-fi gathering to gather shipjack. All in do time brother.:0a26::boss:

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    JW, this is no one's fault but yours.
    I cant believe you dont do all of the Christmas shopping by yourself like THE MAN should do.
    Atleast you'll have comfort in knowing that there wont be any of these scheduling conflicts.:smile2:

I learned a long time go the key to staying married.
    My wife does the Christmas shopping she'll spend 3 grand and I dont get nothing. Nada.
    I do it, I'll spend 800, call it a fine Christmas and I'll even have me a new toy.

Groceries. She goes, she spends 200 dollars on not a full cart.
    I go I spend 200 bucks on 2 full carts. Of course I dont buy that giant pickle jar full of pickled pigs feet either.:big_smile:

20. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I spent exactly 1 hour in the mall. Spent half of my $$$ and time last minute buying the stuff my ex was supposed to get for my sons wrestling tournament.

After that I was mad and broke, so Matt spent Saturday night and Sunday night Christmas shopping.:smile2: (I was not allowed to go :wink:)

I think he done a fine job. He even grocery shopped. This hasn't turned out so bad after all. I can now continue to be a GRINCH, and he gets to be santa. Guess he needs to change his avatar.:smile2: