has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by riverratmatt, Oct 12, 2006.

1. riverratmatt

riverratmatt New Member

State:
    ky, totz
    to day i took my new motor out to the lake, i was casting the brush with my crappie rod riged with 6 lb test line and a black cruly tailed grub on a lead head. well i over casted and when i jerked to try and pull it over the brush and not hang into any thing somthing big hit after an hour me and dad landed a large carp (26#). and i was wondring do any of yall catch carp on crappie jigs often?

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Can't say I have ever had the joyful expeirence.My that must have been a rush and ahalf to catch a 26 pound fish on 6 pound test line. I can just hear that drag screamin!Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.:smile2:

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

matthew, People catch carp on fly rods so why not crappie jigs. Congrats on the catch.

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have heard of that before, I have even caught a channel cat on a spinner bait. You just never know.

5. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Wow!:eek:oooh: What a great fish! That must have been a blast!

I've never caught one on a jig, but I was fishing with a guy at Grand Lake in Oklahoma when he caught one on a white curly tail grub. It was about 5 or 6 lbs. Just goes to show that they sight feed as well as are attracted by scent.

6. noeran

noeran New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Man, never heard of catching a carp on a jig or even a fly rod. I figured that you needed some type of dough ball or something. 26# on 6# line WOW what action that must have been. Most people I know carp fishing uses at least 14# line. Congrads.
    Randy