Has there ever been a Michigan gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by 257bob, May 30, 2007.

1. 257bob

257bob New Member

State:
    Salina, Kansas
    I have been to several gatherings for other forums and just wondered if this group in Michigan has ever gotten together. The get togethers I have been to were a blast and I am always trying to meet new people and fish and hunt.

2. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    There have been a few one at vanderbuilt park one or two on the grand one or two on the maple!

3. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    ...and there have been a few other attempts that didn't work out, but we'll keep trying.
    It's hard getting guys together from long distances with everyone so busy these days, but when we do get together- you're sure to put on a few pounds even if you don't catch any fish.

So when is the next one? I'm getting hungry for pork tenderloin... or maybe catfish stir fry... or smoked turkey...

4. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Well if any one is interested the night of the Th 8th 9th 10th i Will be at vander built park Walleye in the morning cats at night its 10 a night for rustic and 15 for electric

5. 257bob

257bob New Member

State:
    Salina, Kansas
    I now know what you mean about hard to get everyone together. Our daughter just turned 3 months old. I will probably be able to swing a planned trip in August. Maybe in July, but that month is going to be busy. And well June is already been scheduled. I would love to be there though.

6. mich dave

mich dave New Member

State:
    Otisville
    I'll try to make it. I've been fishing twice this year! I reamber the day when if I went four days with out I'd get the shakes. Now WORK WORK WORK

7. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I feel the pain of WORK WORK WORK myself. I have been invited over and over by Tony, and it just NEVER works out. I am taking the first week of july off, well the first 9 days that is. Try having 4 kids all 10 and under, to make time to go catfishin'! Life is crazy, but I guess it will just make those few outings that much sweeter.

8. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I hear ya with being busy, but don't wish away these times. Soon enough the kids will be grown and gone and you'll have time to fish and wish your kids were little again. My wife is patient enough to remind me of this when I get antsy and she is very right.

9. davedmg

davedmg New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Hear Kitty:

My old bones can't take a night on a camp cot, but if there is a motel nearby where I can bring my 16 foot boat, maybe we can meet before dark and catch some cats.

Where is Vanderbuilt Park? Where would I launch? Can my 16 ft Lund flat-bottom handle the seas at the park?

Thanks for posting the invitation. It's just what I need to get started catting!:big_smile:

10. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Well Dave bay city is about 12 or so miles from the park there are several hotels and motels there. The launch is one mile from the park on M.25 The Saginaw Bay is where we would fish. As far as your boat i don't think you would have to much trouble unless we get high winds. Vanderbilt park is in Essexville use yahoo maps to find it if you can't i will help you out