Has the fishing been off for anybody else?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by foodsaver, Nov 17, 2007.

1. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Fishing has been off for me this fall. I have caught some big fish but it hasnt been consistent. I was wondering if you all have noticed that where you were fishing as well?

2. jug

jug New Member

State:
    tennessee
    im new and hope im doing this right. so here goes. i catfish around new johnsonville. been a few times this fall and have not done much good. even the old timers i have talked to has had a hard time. dont know if its the lack of rain or what. where do you fish.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think as weather patterns change so, do the fishes feeding habits. Weather effects the way fish act and where they go.

So to sum it up, this drought has effected alot of things all over the place.

4. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Compared to everyone else it is almost always off for me:confused2: I just go by the old adage even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then and just keep on trying. If you fish the TN river the lack of current has kept it off for me the last couple of years. I know people still catch a lot of fish but I only know how to catch them in the current pretty much

5. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Their always off for me it seems.

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    They were off for me on the Ohio river Friday

7. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    It's always off for me....scept when it's on. Welcome Jug, hope you find your way around the site.
    Linz:wink:

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    With in the last month it's been hard for me. Come to think about it, it's been a month since Ive seen any blue gills either.

9. BMills13

BMills13 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Had a few poor blue cat trips lately and attributed it to the mild fall. Kept that flats biting longer though. Catchin decent flats in creeks up until a few weeks ago. Fished Texoma in the middle of a brutal cold front this week and faired pretty well. Had a hard time findin larger shad and keepin the striper from nabbin it before a blue could only problem.

10. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Actually the fishing for me this fall has been the best of the year. Ive managed to land several blues anywhere from 20 to 40 pound. However until then we had virtually no rain which means no current and in turn no fish. I fished a tourney yesterday with fellow BOC member vlparrish and we managed to catch a total weight of 103.8 pounds, and we still managed to lose by 4 pounds. So whats that tell you how the fishing has been for me here. rspd507

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The Mississippi was on a good bite during the August-October time frame. Seems like things have slowed quite a bit during the last 3 weeks since the last couple of cold fronts, but there hasnt been alot of folks out fishing either. Out here the fish get pretty tough to find in the winter time as they form huge schools. If you find them though, it can get pretty crazy.

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Fishings been of for me for 3 weeks now, I guess its cuz we caught 29 in 1 day then KERBLAMMO!, no more fish for me. I think the weather around here plays a big part, we had a pretty bad drought this year, and now we have finally picked up a pretty good amount of rain and the river is rising, hopefully a little help from some current will turn these fish on in the Ohio.