HAS THE BOC CHANGED YOU?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ohio hilljack, Oct 8, 2008.

1. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I AM BY MOST OF YOUR STANDARDS A REALLY NEW MEMBER. MY BROTHER HOOKED ME UP IN JANUARY, I DID SAY HOOKED FOR A REASON BECAUSE IT IS LIKE A DRUG. I'M ON EVERY TIME I'VE GOT A COUPLE SPARE MINUTES ,AT FIRST JUST TO TALK TO MY BROTHER IN IRAQ ABOUT FISHING AT HOME, NOW AS WE MEANDER INTO HUNTING SEASON AND I HAVE FAILED TO MAKE INTO THE WOODS I'M AMAZED AT THE CHANGE IN MYSELF. I'VE ALWAYS FISHED BUT HUNTING WAS MY OBSESSION, NOW I'VE FLIP FLOPPED. ALL OF MY TIME IS CONSUMED WITH THOUGHTS OF FISHING AND HOW I CAN DO BETTER NEXT TIME OUT.I REMEMBER TELLING ROLLO IN ONE OF HIS POST ABOUT WINTER FISHING THAT I WAS PRETTY SURE ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY AND DON'T REALLY THINK I'LL FIT IN WITH ALL OF YOU , GUESS WHAT. HERE WE GO INTO WINTER AND I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WITH LAKES ARE GOING TO HAVE ENOUGH WATER IN THEM TO FISH THROUGH THE WINTER, MAKING PLANS TO GO DOWN TO THE OHIO AND CATCH SOME BLUES. DON'T THINK THAT WILL BE A CATFISH WEDNESDAY, GOING TO TENN IN FEB TO CATCH SOME BAIT.
    SO HOW DID ALL MY IDEAS GET FLIPPED AROUND , I SAY THE BLAME RESTS RIGHT HERE. HOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU, DID THE BOC CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    yes it has changed me in several ways i am always learning new tips and tricks about cattin from every one here i also learn there are many diffrent type of people and temperments on here and i also am new and loggin any time i can 99 percent of the people i have met here are ok in there own way but you always have that 1 percent that said this is the best cat fishing line i have ever seen and would like to thks paul for allowing me to be part of it thks:wink:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Funny you should ask?? I am consumed by the site. I first joined in May of 2006 and that is when I started to LEARN how to catfish. I had spent MANY hours fishing before with decent results, but I found out that I knew nothing prior to discovering thissite. I started to learn that summer and continued to learn throughout 2007, but with a brand new baby, there was not enough time for experimenting. Finally towards the end of last year, I was able to reap the benefits of my new found knowledge. Now I find myself here in Iraq with hundreds of hours of time dedicated to the BOC. More knowledge in my head than I could ever put to use.................................just waiting for an opportunity to hit the water.

YES the BOC has changed me and has even made an impact on my lifes long term goals. (that's where the logo comes in)!

I still have many hours on this site to learn even 50% of what everyone has to offer and I am excited about meeting the great people associated with the BOC!

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I really think it has to do not only with the obsession with the sport of catfishing, but the relationships gained by others that enjoy the sport as much as you do. The knowledge discussed, tactics, and the drive to see how far you can take it as an angler. I have put alot more pressure on myself since joining this site, some good and some bad. The bad is when you feel you have to catch day to day, like there is something to prove to everyone here... I have got away from that attitude. That's when fishing becomes not as enjoyable.. No one has anything to prove to anyone here.. It's fishing! Good days and bad for us all! The good pressure is I have spent more time reading and learning on here, then I take them ideas to the field to add them to my style of fishing, to be more productive in my time spent out there on the water... Every time I log on I read something that catches my eye, that I have never thought about... Thats why this site is so valuable to everyone, because we all have something to give to it.... goodfishing, and good post Willie....rollo

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I would have to agree with you guys, what a great cite it is indeed. i have been on here about a month, and its hard not to see whats goin on in the boc. gota luv it:wink:

6. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I have learned alot since joining BOC, and I get on the site about every day unless I'm away on vacation.

7. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    I am loving it. I learn more and more every day. Can't wait to get a boat and put that knowledge to use on the water! I'm on here almost every single day, reading more and more trying to learn as much as I can.

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < HAS THE BOC CHANGED YOU?>

WITHOUT QUESTION! I could write a book about the virtues of this site, and the positive changes it has made in my fishin'/life! Three cheers for the good ol' BOC!!!! :smile2:

Bill in SC

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I use to be a Mod or guide on a major game site, then my neighbor turned me onto this place. It got to the point i quit playing cards and guiding there and finally told the site owner, i wouldn't be back. I love the place for both the fishin & huntin, but also for all the other topics we have at our dismissal. Some of the best recipies i've ever seen was in the diner, boat repair help is 24/7, same as gardening or just shootin the breese. I prolly spend too much time sittin here but i could be doing worse things with my time.:cool2:

10. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Yes!!! My successes far out number my down time now. I have met some excellent local brothers who I consider freinds and the tips and advice has been outstanding. I feel I am at the point where I can help out other brothers and sisters now rather than asking so many questions. It's time to give back!

11. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Nope ... I am too damn old to change ........:eek:oooh::embarassed::smile2::smile2: ... garry-

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    yes it has changed me in more ways than one iv always catfished some but sins moving hear from NC its mostly all i do uther than baitfish if it wasent for the boc i wouldent have had the sucses iv had hear IL. fishing is compleatly diff than carolina fishing the boc makes me more interested in the sport if you have some one to talk to about what you engoy its going to make you work harder to be better at what you are doing and the lerning asspect of the boc is endless always some one willing to help and iv got more friends now than i can count whean im having good days you are all hear for me and whean im having bad days you are always hear for me no one kicks me whean im down always some one thear to pic me up and dust me off this is hands down the #1 site on the net and the brothers and sisters are A #1:cool2: so has this site changed me yes im a better man for knowing each and every one of you

13. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    for example--set out last wkend 2 go crappie fishing below dam. took small rods & tackle & jigs. got below dam w/light tackle, rigged it for catfishing, baited it for catfishing, went catfishing! Came to senses & decided to go to different spot to crappie fish. drove to other side of river, didnt even touch light tackle-got out 10' ugly stik, more catfish bait, went catfishing again! i think there's a short circuit in my brain now.:crazy:

14. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I joined at the end of July this year, mostly because I wanted access to the members library looking for bait recipes.

All I can say is WOW, this site has taken over my life.

I am SO hooked on fishing right now, largely as a result of this site. Being stuck up here in Fargo North Dakota means fishing for me is about done. The nice days are pretty much gone until next May. This week is going to be rainy, windy, with high's in the low 50's. So I'm sitting here trying to go cold turkey on fishing, reading about all you out there getting excited about the fall bite.

I find myself here looking for new posts at least twice a day, sometimes more. Instead of picking up a book to read I go browsing through the member library looking at rod holders, boat projects etc. Different ways to do things that I had never thought of.

I even dug my old 10' aluminum Jon boat out of storage and have it all rigged up for river fishing for next year.
    Swivel seats, rod holders, raised the oarlocks, I spent 3 weeks tweaking that little girl out.

I'm also active with a group of people who fly a WWII flight simulator online. I've flown with some of the same people for over 10 years now. We have a saying there that would actually fit perfectly here as well.

"A place where strangers become friends, and friends become brothers"

For me that pretty much sums it up.
    A big <Salute> to all my friends and brothers out there.

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    If I said it didnt i would be lying. Everyday I read something new, Thats the point isnt it.

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Yep, everytime I think I have had a great breakthru in catfishing, I just come on here and find out that people have been doing it that way for years.......................the good news is that they always tell me how to do it better.

17. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    yep, sure has, been spending more time on this computer and less time fishin'. :cool2:

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont know if the BOC has changed me, but it has helped me...It has helped me make more friends!

Alos I think I have gained 50-lbs since joining, because I am on the puter so much:smile2:

19. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Yes it has changed me, and that is an understatement!!!! I have made friend on here that I would have never known otherwise. All of the knowledge I have gained has made me a more successful fisherman. I would like to take this opportunity to thank each member on here for their kindness and donation to the vast amount of knowledge they share on this site. As I learn more hopefully, I can give as much back to the site as I have gained.

Thank you all for making this the site what it is!!!!!!!

20. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Yeah, I think I've gone up a size too. What I like best is the endless sorce of info. Makes you realize you can never know it all.