Has fishing got any better?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by f155mph, Oct 19, 2009.

1. f155mph

f155mph New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So the I stopped fishing for the past 1 1/2 month. Why? Because I haven't been catching anything. Then the last two weeks been cold and rainy. The next few days are suppose to be nice.

So are the fishing biting more now that the weather got colder? Can I still bank fish? I usually go to Alum, Griggs, or O'Shaughnessy. What bait are you using?

Thanks.

2. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i believe they are still bitting. it may be real slow but the bite is there. but as it goes with all fishing trips you always take the chance of getting skunked though. as for bait i use shad, gills,skipjack(when i have it). if you are going after the flats i sugest using bullheads/yellowbellies as bait. i have always had good luck on these baits. good luck out there if you go.

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    short and brief indian summer catch plenty of bait freeze some and fish the rivers man it is better than sitting at home hell pm me im going out this weekend depending on bait

4. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Bank fishin has really been off for me too...:sad2:

5. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I lived on Alum for a year and havent been up there this year but had much success fishing in the channel around the Howard road area from the bank. I caught some real good fish this time last year there, mostly on cut shad, smaller gills and warmouths. I had luck up untill iceout. Good Luck!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009