Has anyone used crawdads to catch channel catfish in Indiana this year?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by bkhollan, Jun 11, 2006.

1. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    I've been reading about people trying crawdads and getting some some channels. Just wondering if anyone in Indiana has tried them. Specifically the White River. Thanks for any info

2. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I haven't been using crawdads, but we've been going out to the Eagle Creek reservoir and catching tons of channels on minnows. We are using bobbers and leaving the hook down about two feet from the bobber, hook the minnow through it's lips (underneat and back up) It's fun too, cause we've caught striper bass and crappies like this. You never know what you are going to catch but the channels just come up and pound those minnows. You can tell when something is about to hit the minnow too, cause your bobber will start to jump because the minnow is scared and swimming for it's life. Good Luck!

3. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    been using softcraws, and the channels are hitting them good. the minnow and bobber has hooked some nice channels and a blue this year so far,for me and some friends, in the mornings.

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I haven't used any crawdads for bait this year at all, but in the past they've worked really well. If you use them in swift, gravel bottom current areas they work very well for channel cats, smallmouth bass, small flatheads, and the occasional carp.