Has Anyone Tried to Contact TWRA by Email?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by festus, Oct 8, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

I can't get an answer about the hornyhead chub being endangered. Also talked to a lady by phone at TWRA about this, she didn't know the answer and said I would be contacted later that day or the next day. Haven't heard a thing. Does anyone know who to call?

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes..I tried contacting them all kinds of ways..I didn't get a response until 3 months after I finally gave up and figured it out on my own..It was about the boat registration..I finally got the answer I needed from my attorney and got every thing taken care of then out of the blue 3 months later I get an e-mail asking if I needed help..Unbelievable..I've been living here for going on 4 years and have only seen a TWRA agent once..I take that back twice..I seen one the other day going down my street in his truck..Good luck is all I can say..And don't hold your breath..

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The TWRA is slow to respond to anything. Good luck.

4. festus

festus New Member

Yes, that's the way it works with many government agencies. This lady was supposed to be in charge answering questions in my region, and it took five minutes to try to explain what a hornyhead chub was. I almost think she thought I was making a prank call.

As far as game wardens go around here, I see them all the time. But I fish quite a bit of government property, and I think in addition to checking licenses and creels, they may be there also partially for security. Lots of illegals folks fish these areas. I saw a game warden about 3-4 weeks ago at Catoosa Wildlife Management Area. However, he just waved and drove on while I was fishing, I think he was looking for hunters. Sounds like TWRA doesn't care if you are informed of the laws, but they'll sure bust you if you break the law

5. tndogman

tndogman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Do the BOC rules prohibit us from posting websites on here? I found a search engine for endangered species in the Federal Wildlife Service web pages .... I looked up "chub" and got quite a list but I didn't see this particular one on it .... I think all of the endangered species, protected species, etc., decisions are made by the Feds, not the states. So probably won't find much about it through Tenn. gov. Let me know if I can post the web address and I will.

6. festus

festus New Member

Thanks Danny, I'm sure you can post the link, if you can't just send it to me by a personal message. I've looked everywhere about this particular species, and haven't found a thing. I'm not really worried about it either, I'm beginning to think the restrictions are limited to this one creek. And it's located on state property, so they're really going to monitor it.

I have a creek on my property with hornyheads, but I know the TWRA couldn't give a hoot about it. But I want to keep a healthy population in there, so maybe I'll just harvest the creek chubs and shiners when I need them, and leave the horneyheads alone.