has anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by gbigskin, Dec 25, 2009.

1. gbigskin

gbigskin New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    has anyone reading this tried enhancing their bait by spraying GULP spray in the SHAD formula on bait. if so was their any improvement in getting bites. just curious. thanx.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Never used any of the sprays made by GULP but i've used their chicken liver bait. It got a few bites nothing big.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    never tried it, I use powerbait for trout, not impressed, but I put some crap on cut bait sometimes and get a bite quicker.

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    never tried it before. i have never had any luck on anything artificial...just the normal bait fish with its own natural oils.

5. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Never tried it but I hear good things about Team Catfish spray

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Give Team Catfish Dead Red Blood Spray a try. You will be surprised at the results.

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have been thinking about trying the team catfish spray so you guys think it helps thank for sharing

8. The_Black_Cat

The_Black_Cat New Member

State:
    Texas

I tried it, but I was experimenting with all sorts of baits. I used chicken hearts for channels; tried spraying them with earthworm, shad, and crawdad. And nothing. It was just a wast of time and money, because each one of them little spray bottles are about 10 bucks!

9. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not knocking gulp or any of the other same products, and well i can't say that i ever used any, so just in my opinion i would think there just promotional products to waste your time and money on, if you have enough frest bloody bait there would be absolute no reason for any such thing, sometimes the bites stop or slow, then you have to move or try diffrent presentations

10. catter62

catter62 New Member

State:
    texas
    If you're using live or cut bait, its hard to beat that natural fish smell.

11. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    100% of all my best fish have ALL been caught on fresh caught shad, skipjack, carp, drum or some other fish from the body of water I am fishing with no additives. I don't get how this stuff wouldn't wash off within 10 seconds of hitting the water. At least in a river I would expect all the additive to be long gone before your bait even hits its resting place. Maybe in a lake where you are fishing in a few feet of water it would work ok.

12. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I think anything you can afford to do to help entice a bite is good...

13. little_fiddler

little_fiddler New Member

State:
    Otter Creek, Iowa
    I remember a guy telling me about putting catfish attractant in stink bait a few years ago when I was at a catfish gathering. A few days later I was sitting in the anchored boat fishing a wing dam. I had been out hafl the day with nothing to show for it. I decided to mix a little attractant into the stink I had been using, and with in a few minutes I started catching eaters. I been mixing attractant with the stink ever since.

I have never tried it with cut or live bait but it sure seems to work with stink baits.

14. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    I've tried Yum/Garlic flavored spray. It leaves a oily residue in the water. I have only been fishing in lakes so, it may do differently in faster moving water. That being said, it did attract bluegills. I caught a couple of eater sized cats with the spray on nightcrawlers.

15. hct236

hct236 Well-Known Member

State:
    virginia
    Tried the commercial stuff few times and didn't really notice much difference on cut bait. What I have tried that works well is to take a pound of chicken livers and put them in the blender and blend until they are a thin liquid and then just dip my cut bait in it to freshen it up. That seems to work pretty good makes a nice blood slick for them to follow to the bait.

16. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Save your money that stuff sucks well the crap I tried anyway . If I was going to use a spray I would use the stuff at team catfish . It is suppose to work pretty good

17. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Ive had good results with Bang,Garlic spray, been using it for about a year now,,, but some days it helps, others no differance, and some days they like it without,, you just got to try,, my way of thinking is anything that adds scent to the water has got to help...:wink:
    Scent, is a cats #1 cence..:big_smile:
    My .02
    Puddle

18. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    the blended up chicken livers sounds like the best idea then any of that other crap, plus what's chicken livers cost a doller, thats the route i would try to take first

19. festus

festus New Member

Last March, April, and May I fished below a dam at least 3-4 times a week. I was using plastic curlytail grubs, various sizes from 1-1/2" to 3". Some days I was using tanning lotion and bug repellent. I bought a bottle of Berkley Powerbait Crappie Attractant to cover up the smell of the tan oil and and bug spray on the lures. I caught tons of yellow bass, white bass, and maybe 5, 6, or 7 crappie most every time I went. At least once or twice a day I'd catch a small channel on these scented baits. I also had some Baitmate spray. It would leave an oil track in the water and I caught small cats on this stuff, too. I really can't say if these attractants drew the cats to hit.

I wouldn't advise anyone to spray a nightcrawler, shad minnow, cut bait, chub, sucker or any natural bait with an attractant. The catfish probably prefer the natural scents. I'm no expert on the matter, but as I said earlier, the only time I use any type of attractant is when I'm using tanning lotion or bug repellent.

20. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I seen that stuff the other day and i think i'm going to get some and give it a try.