Has anyone tried this for punch bait hooks ?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by simpleokie, Aug 6, 2009.

1. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    I took some stainless steel scrubing pads I got at the dollar store,and wraped it around my hook. Looks like it will hold it on pretty well, I havn't used them yet but will this weekend./ I dipped a kahle hook wraped with it in some DK and it pulled out a nice glob of it. I'll let you know if it's worth a hoot.

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ken thanks for sharing the idea. I will be watching for your update on performance.

3. catma

catma New Member

State:
    iowa
    i normly just use a treble hook with nothin on it are u haveing trouble keepin it on?

4. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Looks like a good idea but just becareful. The fuzz might think in drug paraphernalia. Its hard to to think like a cop sorry.

5. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    let us know how that scrubber thing works. Seems to me, it would be too hard in the cats mouth. Have you tried instead using those loofa sponges they sell for showering? They are basically the same thing but softer plastic. Try that.

6. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    Well I used the stainless steel scrubber on a treble hook last night. It worked fine, held up well even after catching fish & using pliers to get the hook out. But I really think I have too much of it on the hook. I used Danny Kings punch bait with it & it really was thick enough that ity didn't need so much scrubber. Im going to redo some trebles with a little less and see if it helps. I think it will work best on a kahle or J hook, I'll check those out as I can, I dont always use punch bait because I normally fish for flatheads, but last night I used 1 rod with it and I'll keep at it to see if its going to work out.

7. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Last time I used punch bait (Magic's Big Bite Liver & Cheese), I used a pen spring on a j hook; I slid the spring over the hook then threaded itthrough the eye of the hook. It seemed to hold it on there quite well, although I didn't catch anything, lol. I was using a relatively small hook (not sure about the actual size), so I may try your idea on a larger hook, or just find larger springs.