Has anyone tried the Mojo Dove?

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by DCcatfisher, Jan 25, 2009.

1. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was wondering if anyone had tried the Mojo Outdoors Mojo Dove and if so how did it work. My brother-in-law has one and swears by it, says he is going to have a 5 or 6 of them before next season. Here in NC our last of three dove seasons just went out on January 10 and I hunted with him with the Mojo and a couple of foam decoys out but most of the birds were being shot at and hit or turned away before they got to us due to our location in the field. Just wondering, thanks for any info.

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am a hunting outfitter in South America. My livelyhood depends on my customers coming back. I don't make a lot of money so I have to be very careful about my expenses. The mojo doves are worth their weight in gold. The mojo doves are in front of every one of my hunters. They draw birds like a magnet. I strongly recommend anyone who likes to shoot doves to get one.

Attached Files:

3. kcgmatt

kcgmatt New Member

State:
    MO
    I use 2 mojo's, one set on a short stake and another set about 3 feet off the ground with a dozen hard body decoys on the ground. This will draw birds really well. Good shootin'

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    my dad and uncle swear by the mojo dove. i did not get to hunt with them this yr when they finally got to use it. i think it would be worthwhile to get one and try it. I dont see how having more than 1 or 2 would be very benfitial though.

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i saw some for 7 bucks on clearance. kicked myself for not getting them. next year i am going to try them. i haven't heard anything bad, other than the antis think they give you an unfair advantage. anything that irritates them i will definitely do!

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    This is called a Pigeon Magnet. My British customers told me about them and how well they work. The shooters in England have been using them for year. I ordered one and had my mechanic in Paraguay take it apart and make ten more just like it.

It will turn a flock of wild pigeons from 500 yards and bring them right in. Its ridiculous watching doves. They actually try to land on top of the machine. Its made using a windshield wiper motor with two opposing arms about 6 feet long with a dead bird with wings outstretched like its flying mounted in a cradle at the end of each arm. The arms go round and round like a carosel in an old time amusement park. I have watched my clients burn though a 1000 shells each in two hours when the birds are decoying proper.

Attached Files: