Has anyone tried big blues at Tawakoni recently?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Nov 12, 2008.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I was wondering if anyone else has been fishing for the big blues at Tawakoni recently. I have been the last 2 weekends, and we have caught 2- 20+ pounders on the 3rd and a 15+ and 33 pounder on the 9th. We are still catching a lot of little fish, even though we have quit targeting them. If anyone else has a report on Tawakoni, please post.

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    A GUY I KNOW CAUGHT A 42# ON THE 11TH.

3. bigbill

bigbill New Member

State:
    tx
    Went to Towakani on halloween, drift fished with shad. Caught several under 10#. The big fish were 17,23,23,28,33,40. First time in 40 years I have catfished. Didnt know what I was missing.Getting ready to back again.

4. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Did you go with a guide or on your own. Our big fish have been coming out of about 18' of water, how about yours? Congrats on a great trip.

5. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Fish seem to be going shallow now. That 42# was caught on the bank at Wind Point.

6. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Had a buddy of mine send me a phone pic of 38 lb caught off windpoint yesterday afternoon. He nailed a 45 on lavon last weekend. Both from the bank. Both on shad. That windpoint fish was probably in 12-15 ft water. Cant hit much deeper than that from the bank however with the lake being a little low he could be down to 10.

7. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    last couple weekends i have been getting the bigger fish in 29-33 ft. 18-33lb'ers,cut perch been doin better than shad for me:wink:

8. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    forgot to mention met acouple guys last weekend as they were finishing running their jugs that had a 76lb yeller out of 30ft