Has anyone tried Berkley Trilent Big Cat line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by flathead_ky, Feb 21, 2006.

1. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I used Berkley Trilene Big Cat line that was 20 lb test and in the solar green color. I did pretty good with the line and noticed that it had a lot better feel to it than the line I used before for cats. Has anyone tried this line? and if you have how did you like it?

2. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I got a spool of 40lb big cat, solar green from catfish connection. I put it on a penn 220gto. Ive used it a few times, but havent caught a fish with it yet. It seems pretty tough though.

3. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    flathead, I personally always use PowerPro and love it, but some of my buddies around here that use mono like it and have done pretty good with it. I guess its just personal preference between the mono and the braid. Glad it worked for you!

4. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Hey, It's the only thing I use. has great preformance.

5. Rivercat2

Rivercat2 New Member

State:
    Morton,Illinois
    I have used it for about five years and its the only thing I will ever uses. Ive used 20lb and 30lb.

6. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    i have tried 20lb before and it is good durability wise and it looks sexAAA

7. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Had'nt tried it yet cause I spooled up new a couple months ago.Been hearin good things about it though,might just have to spool just maybe one rod and see fer meself.:hmm-big:

8. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I've used it, but I didnt like the feel of it. I cant say exactly why, but I kept it on my reels for a little while, but then took it off. It is some really nice line for a reasonable price though. I think I heard someone say that Big Game solar is the same thing though, but I cant say for sure.

:0a26:

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know people who use it and love it..But I do think it's about the same as the berkly biggame line I use.

10. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I use it in 30# and I love it. Very durable in the rough stuff, which is about everywhere I fish now.

11. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I have used it and was fairly impressed with it. I have completely switched to braided line though. It is just my personal preferance. You can get a larger test line with less diameter. Also, I seem to be able to feel bites better with the braid. I usually use power pro or spider wire.

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ive used it before and gets the job done but I prefer to use Berkley Big Game, P-Line or Sufix.

13. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i dont know how much it costs where you are but here it is 5 bux for a 125 yard spool. it's probly the strongest line i've ever used. the one setback with it is that if you dont keep pressure on it it will become a birds nest very easily.

14. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    You can get it at walmart for between 8 and 11 dollars depending on the lb test. I am using it in 14 and twenty lb test and must say it works pretty darn well. On my 3 big open face spinning rigs I have 50lb spiderline and like it very well. My new tidewater reel and uglystick combo has the 20lb berkley for now, might switch to braid on that one after I get use to the bigger baitcaster.

15. NYRiverRat

NYRiverRat New Member

State:
    New York
    I just got a spool of the 20#, looks like Big Game Solar but has a bit more strech than Big Game. Havent tried it yet, Anyone use Big Game Supreme? any reviews? J

16. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I just started using Big Game line last summer and I really like so far.

17. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I was going to switch, just to try others, but a buddy always told me if it aint broke don't fix it. excellent line

18. kycat

kycat New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Those are my thoughts exactly. I use Big Game Trilene and am not ready to change. I have never had it break on me yet, and I always use 30lb test. I have been reading about a line called Ande I think, and a lot of people seem to like it very well. Haven't tried any yet, but may do so in the near future to just feel it out and see how well it performs.

19. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Man you can't beat the visualibility of this line, at both day and night.

20. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I used to use Ande before I switched to Trilene Big Game. Personally I think Big Game is a way better line. Tougher and easeir handling.