Has anyone one heard of Redneck soap bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catboy210, Oct 29, 2006.

1. catboy210

catboy210 New Member

State:
    texas
    redneck soap bait has anyone one used this b4 if you have rating 1-10

2. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been to their site before but never tried it. Seems good though but i dont know about using it in the winter.

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've heard of it. I will start using it if regular bait quits working. Or if someone I know gets some and catches something on it. Caught a catfish on berkley power corn once and it freeked me out. Anyway the advertising says it works real good for jugging.

4. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have never sued Redneck's but ive used zote soap. I havnt had much luck but my uncle has. And we saw a perosn one day with a cooler for of eater sized channels and blues that he claimed he caught with zote soap.

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    years ago a friend used ivory soap cut into 1/2 squares on a trot line it seem to work well on the ohio river , but iv never heard it being used on rod and reel .

6. mrhookset

mrhookset New Member

State:
    New York
    I bought five blocks of it and have tried it on a pole but never had anything touch it. I live in upstate ny so that may be why. I am kind of dissapointed. I guess you have to let it set in the water long enough for the channel cats to find it. supposedly nothing else will bite it. I guess mabey I should give another try tonight I plan on going fishing.

Mrhookset

7. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    from what ive been told the objective is to use a soap that is made from animal fat, and lacks or has very little artifical scent.

8. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Rednecks and zote soap work about the same. They are not for rod and reel fishing though. Best used on trotlines or juglines.

9. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

You are 100% right about that my friend. Trot lines or jugs...