Has anyone had any luck in the daytime?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by General, Jun 13, 2006.

1. General

General New Member

State:
    Michigan
    i have allways went catfishing in the night and i have been wondering if they will still bite that well in the daytime?
    -josh-

2. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    we went down to Lake Moultrie last month and caught 15 (missed several more) from 7am-3pm.

3. General

General New Member

State:
    Michigan
    thanks. thats all i needed. lol. i will be hopfully going out in a little bit. :big_smile:
    -josh-

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    i've had good luck during the day drifting drop offs. I fish greenlane reservoir in PA. And I've noticed the channel cats are usually not far from the schools of crappie in this impoundment.

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    IMHO I believe it is easier to catch channels during the day than at night. We don't have many Blues in my area so I cannot comment.

Flatheads I have caught have all but 1 been caught at night although I plan to start pursuing them in daylight.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My two biggest flatheads have come in the daytime!

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have had the most luck with Channels early morning. From about 5am-10am.

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I won $310.00 on a two dollar win ticket at the horse races in the middle of the day. I also had a $50.00 winning scratch off ticket that I bought in the daytime, OH WAIT, you mean fishing LOL

I am the worst cat fisherperson in tennessee and I don't catch just as many in daylight as I don't catch at night.

Sorry, no help here, I know, I am a sick puppy. LOL sometimes I can't help myself.

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Channels; Dont seem to matter ,can catch them anytime of the day or nite

Flatheads; I've had more luck during the nite.. This year I have yet to find a flathead during the day :angry:

10. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I caught 6 channels last Wednesday and 7 more on Thursday, between 14" and 20", fishing between 11am and 2pm on Sessions Lake in Michigan. Two nice stringers of eaters that bit during the day. I always fish that lake during the day because its in a State Park and it closes at 10pm. I usually do well between 6pm and 9pm as well.

Happy fishing,
    Doug

11. M Welch

M Welch New Member

State:
    Texas
    For the most part I have done better at night fishing for catfish but I have also caught many during the day. By day I often fish sink holes and channels, catching both channels and blues.

-M Welch

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have had some very good luck in the daytime but usually women like to dress up ,be taken to nice restuarants,party and get friskier at night.More romantic I guess.:cool2: :tounge_out: :wink:

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Since I'm relatively new to this catfishing, daytime is the only time I have fished. I use Sonny's stink bait exclusively and always seem to catch some nice eating size fish. A friend and I went out today and fished from about 8 AM till about 1:30 PM and we brought in 15 that weighed anywhere from 2#-4 1/2#. We caught some smaller fish but like I said earlier we didn't keep anything under 2#. I haven't tried night fishing yet but would like to sometime, and try some different bait and see if I could catch some bigger fish. The ones like we caught today are great size for eatin but I'd like to have my line streched once in awhile. I have heard guy's on here talking about using bluegill heads for larger channel cats and whole live gills for flatheads. I think I'm going to get me some gills and give them a try. I had a nice fish on this morning and he broke my 30# mono leader that I had just tied before we left this morning. I never did see him but he felt pretty heavy. I've been rambling on but to answer your question, yes so far I have caught all of my catfish in the daytime.

14. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Night is the best time to catch em but they will bite in the day

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    95% of the time I'm fishing, is in the day time. But don't get me wrong, I would Love to do my share of nite fishing, But I do ok in the daytime as well.
    :0a23:
    Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010: