Has anyone fished Lake Decatur for flathead catfish?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FlatGetter, Dec 24, 2006.

1. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I live in decatur and I want to fish it more. I heard over by 36 bridge is good thats down the street from my house.

2. slimy

slimy New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Il
    I lived in there for several years the best place I seen was above the dam on the concrete slabs .The north side seemed to produce more than any other we fished the bends casting out 50 feet or so.The hot water ditch gave up some real nice flatties in the winter not to mention the causeway bridge just south of the hot water ditch .Hope this helps friend....Slimy

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Slimy welcome to the BOC. I look forward to reading your post. Good Fishing for 2007.

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Slimey you old dog. It is good to see your mug again. It has been to long. Glad to see you catching fish. Hope we can get together again someday.
    Take care. Bearcat

5. slimy

slimy New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Il
    Its good to be back .I dont stop in much anymore with the new harley and workin on the river there isnt much time to stop in but its good to see you fellas are still cattin.You gentleman be careful out there and dont catch em all..Slimy