Has Anyone Ever?

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by PABowhunter4life, Jun 30, 2009.

1. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA
    After having no luck getting bait to cut up for channels, has anyone ever walked in to WalMart and bought a frozen pack of fish out of the freezer section for bait? I know a bunch of you use shrimp from WalMart but I was curious if anyone actually bought big pieces of fish to cut up and use.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nope,John. I do use nite crawlers on occasion,and chicken livers,or I shine a light and walk the shore turning flat rocks for CRAWDADS.:wink:

3. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Try some mackrael I heard its good I havent tried it yet but I want to.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    The only fishing supplies I buy from Wal-Mart would be chicken livers (Purdue Chicken Liver is the best in my opinion). They're gear selection is pretty bad, unless you need some bank weights real quick. Hell, I refuse to even buy my line from there because the shelf life on the spools has got to be years & years.

5. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA

I have heard that as well and that's part of the reason I am asking.

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    John mackerl work's great for channel's ...But make sure PA allow's for certain type's of bait in the water your fishing ..Store bought or not it could end up with you getting a ticket or worse.

7. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I buy a lot of anchovies from the supermarket, to use for cut bait, on the local stripers. I catch some channel cat while striper fishing. But, if I'm after channel cat I prefer cut or live from the waters I'm fishing. I usually use Blue gill, green sunfish (my favorite live bait), cut carp (chunked), or shad usually cut (as they are hard to keep alive).