Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Has Anyone Ever Used Or Heard Of Strike King Dynamite Catfish Dipping Bait?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  caatstalker 
#1 ·
I came across a bucket of this stuff in my dads shed last summer and i didnt have one of those dippin worms but the appearence of the bucket looked to be pretty old so i didnt figure it would be any good so i opened it to find that it was still good and almost a whole bucket well i then figured it was not good for fishing or it wouldnt still be around so i ask dad about it and he told me he didnt know how old it actually was but he pick it up at a garage sale a few yrs back and put it up in the shed and forgot about it said he never even used it so i took it down to the river and tried it because it sure did stink enough well i decided to do some experimenting with it so i took some and added some cotton to it to give it some texture because it was goowey and pretty sticky but i was going to use it on a treble hook with a spring and just wanted to add something to help keep it on so anyway it surprised the heck out of me!! it didnt take a few seconds before i started getting hits like crazy! caught about six or seven on the same ball

#2 ·
Timothy, me and my partner have used it lately with good results. Do you have the Cheese or Blood. I had some cheese, didn't have any luck with it. We've been using the blood and have been catching some nice eaters on it. We use a "Looper rig", they hold this stuff real well.

#4 ·
Glad to see some people catching with that stuff. I have used it many times with no luck. Did not even get a hit with it and I tried all of the digfferent flavors. The only bait that I have had luck with id the berkley blood caitfish bait.

#7 ·
This stuff is BBQ flavor ultra potient??? thats what it says on the bucket, ive tried about everything walmart puts out for catfish, all the blood baits, I dont remember ever seeing this stuff,I tell ya i was down at the river there one day just messing around,I was out of bait and had this stuff i had a few old bass worms in my tackle box, well i got to thinking which is dangerous for me,I first took one of them there worms and threaded on my hook like i would a real one and casted it out, nothing happened, I brought it back in and dip it in this stuff,just smothered it in it,thew it back out and 1 to 2 min later i started getting hits!I didnt catch nothing but i wasnt really trying to i was just playing around,im going to try the hot dog thing next,tried just plain ones before with no luck.I think ill try mixing a few live worms up in a ball of it where
the ends of them are sticking out all around and put on a treble hook, maybe try a few jugs or my trot line??

#8 ·
oh yeah, jim what are how do you make a looper rig? i know, what he dont know what one is? well,the answer is theres alot of stuff on here that i dont regconize by the terms used for them.ill read on and find where someone is telling how to make something or describing it and itll hit me OH YEAH, I KNOW WHAT THAT IS.:rolleyes: :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.