Has Anyone Ever Used One Of These?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 29, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It says you can put a trolling motor on the back. I'm thinking w/ a 40# thrust trolling motor, this thign could get on plane! Seriously thought, anyone use one before.

2. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    40#THRUST! that thing would be a plane!:thumbsup:

3. MNwiskers21

MNwiskers21 New Member

State:
    South Saint Paul, MN
    Hello,

I have used one of those boats a few different times but never with a trolling motor. When I used the boat it was for stream trout fishing in a small river, a trolling motor would not have worked. I don't know why a trolling motor wouldn't work well on one of those little boats, I bet 40# thrust trolling motor would push it around quit nice.

Take Care!

Sincerely, Kevin

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Ive been looking at those sure like to have one with a trollin motor

5. Pogo

Pogo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    :) Yep ... #40 lbs of thrust would definitely move that rig along right smartly ...

But then, you don't have to run it at WOT all the time.

I have an old Minn Kota #27 pounder that moves my 12' aluminum skiff with two guys in it (and all gear) at 7 knots, so I can imagine the speed you get ... Wow!!

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mellon, check your boating regs, may have to be registered if you put a trolling motor on it.

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Bryan, all the fly fishing guys have been using those for years now and even with a large trolling motor on it, the rubber and nylon botton has a high resistance so they move along but not as fast as you think they would, Wind is a major problem and they are not very comfortable to be in for very long. Best use is for small gravel pits, farm ponds etc. A few guys use them to float down rivers and then get out and fish by wading but use it for transport only, fishing from them is a little difficult. They are prettty heavy and require you to either blow them up on site or use a pick up for travel. Smaller ones are about 50 lbs, bigger ones are more like 75-80 lbs. Costs is anywhere from 400-1000 bucks, and you do get what you pay for. And yes, you still get plenty wet using them.:rolleyes:
    If your liking these, do yourself a favor and get a small canoe, or big kayak

If your seriously interested, let me know I have a few connections for them.
    Salmonid

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    If you check out the libary you will see the size of pondtoon I use with a 85lb thrust. You put a trolling motor on that and you can pull me skiing. With a motor gas or El. in indiana it has to be registered. Thats why I only use my pond boat for private ponds. I can not afford to give 80$ for my bass boat and then another 80 for my pond boat.
    Bill:crying: