Has anyone ever fished Summit Lake?

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by douglas_413, Mar 17, 2007.

1. douglas_413

douglas_413 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Has anyone ever fished summit lake near Tekamah, NE? It is quite a nice little lake.

The channel catfishing is starting to get pretty good. Actually everything is starting to get real good since the rehabilitation is done.

Bass should be large enough to keep this year and hopefully the walleye are good again this year.

If anyone would be interested in doing a little channel cat fishing(or anything) let me know.

2. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    i fished it late last summer. used mostly stink baits. didnt get a damn thing. meanwhile, a guy on the pier next to me, using shrimp, nailed about a 5lb in the first 5 minutes he was there. kind of discouraging. it never fails, whatever bait i bring, their biting the other. good luck.

3. Manolo56

Manolo56 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Fished Summit for years when I lived in Arlington. This was before the renovation but had many great days of catfishing. I have not fished it since having moved to the Norfolk area, but I have a friend (a security guard by chance) who fishes it all the time. He reports for the last year great catches of big Blue Gill and good numbers of Bass but not real big. As for Catfish he reports others catching very impressive fish, usually at night. He has not done well but is from Hawaii and knows how to catch Marlin but does not have a clue about Cats. My best bait was Sonny's Super Sticky fished from pre-dawn to about one to two hours after sunrise. I loved fishing that lake but am now learning Willow Creek and have had some very good nights along with some not so good. But, that's fishing.

Good luck!

4. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I fished Summit a lot last summer and had good luck on bluegills and bass. I caught a few channels in the 5 pound range on cut bluegill.

5. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    i live about 25 miles from there n have fished it a quite a few times. when the walleye r spawning its real easy to catch them along the dam with bobbers n minnows. the catfishing is alrite, and the best bait seems to be cut blueguill. the bass fishing is unreal, its almost annoying. but not very many of them seem to be big enough to keep... well good luck enjoy....

6. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    i'm thinking i'll try summit in the next two weeks, either this upcoming tuesday, or next tuesday.... it is between there and stagecoach....