Has ANYONE been fishing in California lately?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by vini, Feb 20, 2006.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Just wondering:0a10:

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I had to work all weekend thats my excuse for not:mad:

3. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    been way to cold here in Iowa cant wait to go out

4. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Hey Dave thanks for dropping in.

Rain, shine, sleet or hail i'm fishin this weekend hope my Robbs ready:0a18:

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm going today! It's snowing, and I love fishing in the snow! Look for a report and pictures in the "Member Fishing Report" section on the board!

Zakk:)

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    It's too cold here right now, 23 degrees......LOL

7. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Its been way too long for me and I just got new line so Im itching.Overtime just isnt let me get out but,When the weather warms up watch out!

8. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I went yesterday, but I should vhave went saturday before the cold front came in! I was primarly after crappie so I brought live minnows and nightcrawlers! I fished my favorite spot, close to home, "Sugarcut". Sugarcut is a walkin spot and my favorite is about a two mile hike where sugar cut meets old river. In the past, I have caught stripers to 30 pounds, eater size cats to seven pounds all day long. The crappie and blackbass fishing is legendary. Many on the pro circut fish that area! Anyway, shortly after baiting up with a live minnow on a slip bobber set at about 3 feet, the bobber disappeared like a freight train going down the tracks. I had forgot to tighten my drag on this reel ( I always loosen them all the way up for storage) and by the time I figured out that I was reeling and not gaining any line, my prize was gone:sad: Later, I caught a cat on a nightcrawler, but was nothing to brag about! I could not find the crappie! When it warms up, I am sure it will be better! I think mossdale is the hot spot for stripers right now. The hot bait being shad,
    which they were out of at my bait shop! Those tossing wood, have also had good luck on the stripers! I was also told by the baitshop that salmon are back in the system and grass shrimp is the way to go! My buddy Bert caught a nice keeper channel cat saturday. There is a post with pic! Mutt is fishing this area today and hopefully he will have something to add! I took a few pics of my river spot, but sadly no fish pics!

Attached Files:

9. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    went out to blythe weekend before last weather was nice at 82 and a low of 60 but a liittle wind at times. tried for some flats using goldfish and for the channel using some shrimp, hogwild and some danny king punch bait the only thin i got a bite on was danny kings bait:confused:

10. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    man Phillip looks like nice place to fish, kinda remindes me of blythe but just a lot greener

11. ironbelle

ironbelle New Member

State:
    San Diego, CA
    Went last weekend when it was a full moon. Most everyone had one fish including myself on Saturday. Went again Sunday, could not hold on to three of em and one of the trout was a good one, brought home two trout. I ate one on Thursday. Almost couldn't finish it, it was alot of meat on that fish. I'm not much of a cook so I just gut the fish and cut off the head/tail. I take cut mushrooms and mix w/ olive oil, salt/pepper, seasoning and stuff the cavity, then wrap in a foil pouch and put it in the oven for 40 minutes, then just eat with a fork, putt of the back spine w/ bones connected and eat the other half. The bones cook down soft enough that they end up just getting chewed up.

12. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    That sounds absolutley delicous ironbelle. My mom used to make catfish similiar to that she would fill the cavitys with diced potatoe and throw some mixed veggies in with big blots of butter and bake , man that was so good.

glad you caught some fish makes the trips even better when you do ;)

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Phil,
    What's going on buddy? I just seen this post. you have to take me to "Sugarcut". The next time I come down that way (Soon I Hope - lol) "IT'S ON"!!!!! :happy:
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I plan on hitting the slough this weekend. Weather looks to be nice down here:)

15. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Anytime Bert, just drop me a line or give me a call when you can get away!

16. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hey guys, I hope every one is doing well. I plan on fishing Santa Ana river lakes tomorrow. The game plan is to fish for trout early in the morning then fish for catfish later that morning. Santa Ana is stocking lighting trout. I bought some lures called trout magnets in chartruese and white; hope they work for me.

Jaime

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good luck tomorrow Jaime. Let us know how you do.

18. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Looks like wwe're getting th bug going good luck jaimey.

Man i could go for some crappie, I know there in the slough whats say Robb.

19. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I went fishing monday got skunked lol but I need to hook up with Phil one day soon and see what kind of trouble we can get into :p