Has anyone been catching catfish on the Ohio River lately?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by shack, Feb 8, 2006.

1. shack

shack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Has anyone any reports of cats being caught anywhere in Ohio lately???

Dams,Lakes,Rivers,Spillways,Secret Spots???

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We took a few channels back the first 2 weeks of January, ( it had been warm) water was around 43 degrees. The last wo times out produced nothing, no hits even so Im not sure what to tell you about that except to maybe wait until a little warming spell and give the river a try. Were still waiting for all the flood waters to recede before we try again.

Deep wintering holes would be your best bet. Stilling Basins below dams are always a good wintering spot to try.
    Good luck and stay warm....:)
    Salmonid

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i plan on getting out this weekend. And hopefully out a CJ if a transactions go thru with BigCatSteve. The channels and blues should be hitting

4. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    well Nate we should know tomorrow cross your fingers i can keep Ray level headed,but we should have our toy very soon:0a23:

5. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    I went 2 weeks ago and caught a 25 & 16. I've been about 3 or 4 times this year and have caught fish each time. Their there, you just have to find them...

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    well with this deal as good as done, i might find out if the cats are hitting this weekend ;) :p

7. basstardo

basstardo New Member

State:
    Williamsburg, VA
    We used to hit the warm water discharge at Aberdeen in the winter. There would be snow on the ground, but we could still catch them. There would be shad around there as well that could be caught with a net. Usually any of the warm water discharges were good this time of year.