Has anyone been catchin them in Chattanooga or cleveland

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by antfish, Aug 8, 2006.

1. antfish

antfish New Member

if you have can you tell me where and what bait to use and how to present it in that spot? thanks

antfish

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Antfish, are you fishing from the bank or a boat? By the way, what is your name?

Richard Simms, one of our BOC members, a fishing guide and sponsor, is from Chattanooga and has more info on his thread about fishing here than you can shake a stick at. You may want to check it out. Hope this helps.

3. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It's been a good news - bad news story as far as I know. I'm catching fish but quite honestly some of my spots/techniques have slowed down some in the last week or two. My last trip out (Saturday AM) we caught several good "eatin' sized fish" and three others that weighed 12, 14 and 19 respectively... plus another fish we broke off (bad knot). I fish the Chickamauga Tailwaters primarily.
    However I know some folks that have just smashed big fish up in Chickamauga Lake proper. A local Chattanooga Fishing Forum group held an informal little catfish tourney on Sunday (I couldn't attend). The guy who won (a BOC member I believe) had big fish of 42.2 and said they caught about a dozen fish total, most 20 lbs.-plus.
    There ya go... that's what I know. I'll be back on the water Thursday evening, Saturday and Sunday.